Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
2,677 Posts
This topic has been beaten to death. Use the factory NGK (5724) BKR6E-N-11 plugs on the B18C motor.

Will the ones you linked above work? Yes. Will they last? No. Will you have mis-fire issues down the road? Possibly.
Can't agree with this more. With the GSR, you want to run the factory plugs. The ignition system has been setup to provide the correct amount of spark etc...for that specific plug. When you switch it out for something with a different core, especially just to save money, you could really be screwing yourself down the road.

· Registered
118 Posts
Copper is a better conductor than any of the exotic materials used in plugs today. The exotic materials are used because they last longer. As such, if you plan to have the car long enough, you won't save money in the long run using the copper plugs. As for performance, the copper plugs are technically better; just make sure you are getting the heat range appropriate for the engine.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it turns out that none of the parts stores near me have the PFR6G13, would it be smart to run with the copper ones that I linked (or even cheaper ones) for a couple weeks while I wait for the OEM ones?

· Registered
118 Posts
There's nothing wrong with that plug. NGK makes good plugs. I ran BKR7Es (a step colder plug) on my turbo for thousands of miles with no cold start issues. Fact is, people will try to attribute cold running problems to the plug temperature, but that really has nothing to do with it. It's all about the plug gap and power of the ignition system. Colder plugs will foul easier if the engine isn't run hard enough to get them hot. Hotter plugs will result in preignition if the engine is run too hard. People have been running 6s and 7s on these cars for decades without issue. It looks like the 6 heat range is stock for the car, so go with that. If you decide to track the car in the next few weeks and run into preignition when sustaining revs about 6k for 20 minutes, go a step colder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts