Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if this can be done? I would like to go for this option if possible early next year.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx... whats the difference with the sizes... 24mm vs 22mm

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ya it'll work, I have it on my LS. BUT MAKE SURE you get a reinforcement kit. I am using the BSQ kit but if you want bling, BEAKS makes one. If you don't you run the risk of tearing out your subframe. 24 would be front sway and 22 would be rear sway, if you get the rear JDM sway it'll be 23mm.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
yep, Shan you can have a look at the install on my car if you want, I have a 25mm JDM front ITR sway bar and rear 23mm JDM ITR sway bar with the ASR sub frame reenforcement, I didnt get to take a pic yet cause of all the crapy weather, but at the next meetup you cant take a look.

Beaks will work too but I find its expensive and you're better off with the ASR brace, Paul has the ASR brace on his teg too with the megan Lcas. I bought my entire kit through this guy in japan, but you can pick up the ASR brace at OptionJDM.com check it out

as far as sizes here they are

Integra 94-99 RS, LS, SE
Front Sway - 22mm
Rear sway - 13mm

Integra 00+ LS, GS
Front Sway 24mm
Rear 13mm

Integra Type R USDM (JDM size as stated above)
Front Sway - 24mm
Rear Sway - 22mm

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
13mm?? Am I reading correctly?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So how much am I looking at for the entire kit.

I was thinking just the sway bars with the reinforcement brace. Do I need the LCAs too or can I use the stock ones?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
How about looking through the bazillion rear sway threads on this board and finding the information... or looking in the articles section for the step-by-step walkthrough.

If you've been lurking around the site for as long as one of your posts says, you should know how to find this info by now.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Shan: Steved right there are alot of articles and posts, but why search again I made it easier for him took me 2 secs to type that out I didn't mind. And this is the oN forum you wont find much info on rear sway bars in this section, you'd have to do a general site search try "ITR rear sway bar" alot are older posts but you get the idea.. good luck

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
good thing you posted in local forum, otherwise your thread will either get flame or locked.

itr sway is an old topic, use the site's body search function and check out the article.

basically you have these options, (22 or 23mm both will work)
BSQ + ITR sway
BEAKS + ITR sway
ASR subframe plate + ITR sway

All those options will work.

LCAs are optional, however, you should inspect your stock bushings, if they are worn, you may want to get a set of LCA and do them all in one shot.

I currently sporting ASR + 22mm ITR sway + Function7 LCA. No complaint. But i think i could use a 23mm sway bar... but it would make rainly road a bit more paranoid. So i am sticking with 22mm.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well... thats why I posted in the ontario Forum. I find getting help here better than on the general board. Plus I have checked the posts by doing a search but too many to go through. If I dont see it at the very top then Im going to ask cuz I have done so in the past and had to go through hundreds of posts with no avail. So I find this way, much less time consuming. Sorry if you dont agree with it. And no I haven't studied on using all the features of this board. Its a pain in the ass.

Thanks for the people that took the time to help. I think I will go with the ASR route. I know my question was also vague. Also is there any benefit to polyurethane bushings? Or are they all the same?

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
But part of the fun of modding our car is through search. you have much more satisfaction if you can find all answers yourself, do the work, and complete it. Than get spoon feed, buy the parts, and install it. :p hehe...

Anyhow, try using google search, and sometimes putting too much keywords is not good. For your questions, i think i would be enough if you type: "itr 22 sway" or even "itr sway ls"

As for the bushings, it makes the transition faster and make you feel the road more. Think of it as stock bushing have some play in them... whenever you make a turn, you go through the "play" first, then you would feel the road and the corner. By replacing the bushing, you should experience a faster transition when you corner ("less play"), and feel the road more.

You may lose some comfort, but won't be much if you are just replacing the bushings on the LCA.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
ASR and ITR Sway, you will love it :)

Mine functions like a charm... Although it actually added noise when turning. I think its just the bushings needing lube.

In any case... fun going to a parking lot and testing it out :D
Also all of this has been covered in other posts :) But then again somethings are just fun to talk about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.