Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this car and am planning on a rebuild in the future. Im fairly knowledgeable but not with honda stuff. Will a b18c1 with headers, straight pipe, and short ram intake possibly develop out of round cylinders or is this something that only high comp and forced induction cause? I did a compression test today and the results were 155 cyl 1, 155 cyl 2, 175 cyl 3, and 160 cyl 4. After reading up this is within acceptable limits but still on the low side. Its my daily so i wont be able to do anything right away but im hoping to get away with new bearings, rings, and a ball hone besides all the gaskets in my garage. Whats peoples general experience with this and should i be worried about cylinder wall scoring or warping? Just to help with guesstimating the car doesnt burn oil, it smoked black a bit before i changed the PCV, o2's, and fuel filter, runs a bit cold by the gauge at about 3/8ths or just below halfway, no CEL, and spark plug reading doesnt show any oil in the cylinders unless its miniscule enough to be burnt off entirely but is a bit rich which i suspect is from the headers and exhaust.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good evening,

not knowing the history of the car or knowing if it’s had a previous rebuild and seeing the mileage this engine is on I’d be inclined to do a 0.5mm rebore just to make sure the cylinders are going to seal completely on the rebuild. I for sure don’t want to be putting all the effort in for a rebuild to find the rings aren’t sealing into the cylinders like you’d hope.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the response. im gonna check the cylinders within the next week or two. i get random puffs of white smoke that are totally inconsistent plus about 1-2 cups worth of coolant have disappeared from my overflow within the last month and a half. i plan on doing a head gasket and im going to check the bore while im in there. im thinking a bad head gasket might be why cyl 3 is a bit high, possibly coolant in there. since im not too familiar with b series, is there anything that will cause the car to burn coolant besides a bad head gasket or cracked head/block?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts