Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 LS with a 1.7" drop in the front and the back. They are the eibach sportline springs. I was wandering if I could fit 19"'s on my car without them rubbing really bad?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
y would you want to?

I have 18" and they are plenty big - they rub in real hard cornering..

i say stick with your 17" - in my opinion they are the perfect size!

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
16' is the perfect size IMO, but 19s are definitely too big...

·
Registered
444 Posts
NO!! i hate to yell! but i catch hell with my 18", look sweet as hell, but give you hell! go with a 17"!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
u all have no idea the horror some tegs go thro...i seen one at a show...2" drop on coilovers...massive wheel well work done...22s!!!!!! i wanted to cry <<and kill them>> i say stick wiht 17s if u goin for rims

·
Registered
88 Posts
dont get 19" they are too heavy and your axles w/ snap... i've seen it b4 w/ 18" rims that were tooo heavy

·
Registered
417 Posts
I prefer 205/45/16s....

Good sidewall and the tires look somewhat wider.

Think about the performance, durability and quality.

big wheels are nice to look at, but can rub,chip and just get damaged by the smallest things.

17"s look tight, but I always wonder if people have alot of problems with them? do they bend easier when someone has like 215/40/17? More vibration happens as a result of hitting little drops (holes) in the road?

I had 205/40/16s and they bent the wheels. I tried to save money by getting a deal on the 40s...should've stuck with 45s. Now everything is cool with the Nitto 45s.

Go with 17s if you wanna go a bit bigger on your wheels. Don't go any higher than that.

·
Registered
317 Posts
19's are just for show. you can dump 19's on your ride but i doubt that you'll make it far. tires will be rubbing all up against the wheelwells and control arms. can't bust u-turns, probably can't even make a left or right turn. 16's or 15's are perfect IMO. 17 and up you'll be stuck with 40 series tires and u'll feel every little rock and bump on the road. and watch out for the potholes or you'll end up buying another set of rims. or some costly repair that will cost more than your rims. i'm not an expert but that's wat i've been told about large rims.

·
Registered
354 Posts
all or nothing 22s

NO JUST KIDDING if your going fo sho then do 17+ sizes if you going for sport and sport look 15s and 16s oNLY

you car isnt gonna look fast with SUV wheels its gonna look like those cartoons avitars that are available

1 - 17 of 17 Posts