Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Acura Integra. I also have some 18"s that I'm putting on. I've heard they will work and I already have them and the car in the shop. I also already have Neuspeed Race Springs on it and a camber kit. Well I went to pick the car up and the fender is sitting on the tire (215-35-18) The guy said that I could probably buy some coilovers to go on my Neuspeed spring to bring the car up but I need to bring it up about 2 inches. He also said he could try and put the stock springs back on to see where it sits. I don't want much fender gap and I thought with the stock springs that's what I'd have. Would this be fine with 18"s? I've seen several people with 18's and was wondering how they got them to fit. My parents are about to kill me cause they think I bought to big of a rim for my car and it won't fit but I've seen it fit sooooo many times. So my car is STILL in the shop and he's gonna work on it tomorrow but I need my car back. It hasn't been running for about a month now. Please Help!!!!!! Thank you!

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Your wheel's offset is the problem, not the size. If you have a wheel with the correct offset the tire will tuck under the fender. If the tire is contacting the fender then that offset won't work with your huge drop.

Put coilovers on the springs to raise it up? That makes no sense, he sounds like a con-man to me anyway.

·
Registered
318 Posts
aight, I had 18" too, the gap was fine, look what width your wheels have, mine were 18"*7.5" so meaning 7.5 " wide, that will fit ok, if its wider , sell them.
What springs do you have race, those are much lower than the soft springs, specify how many inches they are. You should not buy springs on 18 more than 2 inches, those are probably 2.5"or more. Coilovers will ride too rough, take that from me.I had 18" verdict's they looked good on my Arospeed springs.with a normal 1 to 1.5 finger gap.But I sold them to put my 17"verdict's i ahd on my lude(which I sold)let me know.put the stock springs back and sell the Neuspeed springs which are very expensive.let me know

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Springs are the Neuspeed Race (2.0 and 1.75 in drop). I had the springs before I got the wheels so I wanted to see if MAYBE they would work and they didn't. The Neuspeed SOFT springs are .75 drop but I dunno if I can even do that. Will it work? My wheels are 18x7.5 so they should be fine. Thanks for all info.

·
Registered
120 Posts
SurferX on Aug/13/02Your wheel's offset is the problem said:
Put coilovers on the springs to raise it up? That makes no sense, he sounds like a con-man to me anyway.
hey surferX, when i read his post, i noticed that he said he had a camber kit also. i'm guessing his camber kit could also be causing his fender to be resting on top of the tire. maybe his camber up front is so close to stock specs with that low of a drop which could be his problems.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
tarheels on Aug/14/02 said:
Forum Guidelines

And I read:

Bumping Threads

"Keep it fair to all members and do not needlessly "bump" or "ttt" a topic you started. Chances are very good that if someone knew the answer or wanted to buy something, that they most definitely would post a reply."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts