Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 GSR. it was hit in the back in december but not bad. the shop did a 4 wheel alignment. well my driver side tire only the outside edge of the tire is wearing heavily. The inside of the tire and middle have normal wear on them. my car is not lowered. are there any suggestions as to why this might be happening. i was thinking that maybe the camber is out somehow. but i thought that we don't have adjustable camber on our cars. Thanks for any help you guys can give me as to how to correct it. or if it might be a acura warrentie thing as i have 20000 miles left on my warrenty. thanks again

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Is this the front driver side tire or the rear driver side. If you were hit in the rear and the front one is wearing like that then I dont think it was from the accident. It may have been aligned wrong by the shop. If it is the rear tire you probably bent something back there when u got hit and that is what is causing it to wear. If that is the case then bring it back to the shop that repaired it. Good luck

·
Registered
569 Posts
I think it is the camber, the camber is atach to the frame of the body and since you got hit the frame might of moved. When you pull you engine or tranmission out some times it moves the frame and that also causes camber to mis-alignment. If you go back and show them the tire i am very sure that they would know what happen. They are trained to look at tire wear and know what is wrong.

·
Registered
333 Posts
It means you have a positive toe, if taht's too far out then it's your camber and you would have to either A: take it to the dealers or B: pick up some camber kits and drop it. I use to work at NTB, just incase you were wondering where I got the info from. They should also give you a print out of your alignment, if they don't then don't even bother with the place.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is the front tire that is wearing unevenly. so then i should take it back to the place that fixed it and see if it might be from the accident. and if they say its not take it to the dealer? if i had the money i would just drop it and get a camber kit but i am out of a job right now and don't have any income.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Your camber is fine, you just need to get it relined. the thing is when they did an alignmnet they don't really fix it they know something is wrong but they wont fix it cause it takes time. They have so much time to do a job if they take longer they lose money. I'll ask my teacher tomorrow and tell you what is really going on and how to fix.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
ya me too for some reason my front right side tires are gettin bald quicker on the far outside of the tire not the inside but the outside. Not lower or anything. any help?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nah the tire isn't scrapping anywhere. the thing is that the owner knows who i am and is freinds with my uncle so. They had my car extra time because they never put my bumper back on right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts