Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Wheels/Tires doesn't get much publicity,

What is the recommended width of tire measured from sidewall to sidewall for a '98 Integra LS. Stock is 195, so I'm thinking 205 is fine or will 215 be better?Theses are going to go with 17" Konig Imagines (17X7 4-100 40OM)

clarification please?

·
Registered
264 Posts
A big question you'd have to ask is what is your main goal: looks or performance.
If looks is the goal your gonna be good with 205s. I have 215s on mine and they look a little chubby from the back (they where a better price). Plus with a 7" rim they'll "buldge" on the sides which looks cheezy and hinders handling.
If performance is you main goal then remember the more rubber you have the more weight you have. This translates to slower exceleration, reduced handling and longer braking distances. Plus remember our cars are light so you don't need a ton of rubber underneath.
Finally remember that going from 195 to a 205 is only 10mm or 1cm, not a big difference.
The last variable ,and its difficult to work with, is the fact that there is a difference between an American made tire and a Euopean made tire so as far as the "actual" size.
Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts