Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 95 se integra back in april and it's an automatic. i drove it normaly for a couple of weeks and then i took it out to the track one day to see what my quarter mile was. i have an automatic, 130,000 miles, and no modifications at all. the person that owned the car before me took very good care of it. it was never in the shop and all maint. was done. well, i ran a 16.1 in the 1/4 mile with an automatic! am i crazy or is that fast for a non-vtec auto teg? not that i'm complaining. i raced a 2001 civic si the other day and pulled away from him too! what's up with that?

·
Registered
302 Posts
i dunno dude...i ran 17.0 at the track with my auto 100k miles and aem cai...maybe i just drove badly...i did it once shifting ran 17.0...then just floored it and ran 17.2

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Maybe the owner before you advanced his timing? Are there any non perceptible mods, like a header, or a quiet, stock looking exhaust.

Maybe your head isn't stock either, could be aftermarket cams in there.

Or maybe you are just one helluva good driver!

·
Registered
333 Posts
My gf has that same problem, she's got an auto teg and ran 16.3 bone stock, now with JRSC/intake/exh/levelten torque converter, I would have no the slightest clue on what it would do. I'll post up times in novembeer when we go to world war 3 import vs domestic at Maryland International Raceway.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the previous owner was a 32 year old mom. and by the way, it's a 4-door.

maybe it's because it's black... ..kidding.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another thing, when i floor it, it goes a little past redline and just LAUNCHES into second gear. i was impressed, because i originally wanted a manual.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
That's pretty quick for an automatic. Advancing the timing wouldn't give that good of gains, so I seriously doubt that's it. Maybe it has a shift kit, aftermarket torque convertor, chipped ECU, etc. There could be lots of hidden mods. It is unlikely that a 32 year old woman would have such mods installed, but maybe it was the owner before her, or maybe she knew someone that wanted to make it fast for her.

·
Registered
422 Posts
If it passing redline then it has to have a chip in it. Whats the redline on it?

·
Registered
171 Posts
dude, i want my gf to buy my sister's 98 gs auto.... she can't drive stick, but then it'd match my car. cheezy, i know, but dude, that'd be pretty funny. i want her driving some fast ass sh*t, so find out what's up with that car....

·
Registered
301 Posts
dang thats a long back yard. and briangela, find out what you got in there and tell me so i can get one too!!

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yeah backyards with people standing around looking at stopwatches is much safer than a controlled track environment run by professionals

·
Registered
398 Posts
sassycassy22 on Sep/05/02 said:
Quote: TeGinRAGE on Sep/04/02My gf has that same problem, she's got an auto teg and ran 16.3 bone stock,.... thats a problem?
Ya the world comes to a end if a auto runs less then a 25 j/k

·
Registered
457 Posts
ok about the passing red line my stock teg hits like 7.5 RPM it goes red at 7 but it doesnt shift till 7.5 from first to second then 7-7.2 second to third and mines stock GS i don't know what it runs but its an auto and i can beat my friends civic he has intake its a 2001 civic

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
drpepper962 on Sep/05/02 said:
ok about the passing red line my stock teg hits like 7.5 RPM it goes red at 7 but it doesnt shift till 7.5 from first to second then 7-7.2 second to third and mines stock GS i don't know what it runs but its an auto and i can beat my friends civic he has intake its a 2001 civic
Your not the only one. I whiped my freind Delso (5-speed VTEC) prety bad. At the time it was just a Stock Gs auto trans.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Finally someone else that has a fast auto. Look at my sig. I think I have a very fast Auto Teg. Alot of people dont believe me when I say its auto. Ive beat a kid w/a 5spd LS teg w/a GSR tranny. Ive beat and lost to a Civic SI, I smoke the piss out of 5spd Nissan Sentra's, Cavaliers(sunfire) Dodge Avenger. And I dunno cuz its stock.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts