Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving my teg for a while, I've come to realize that the sound of the exhaust changes to a much deeper tone when at WOT. I have a vague idea why this occurs, but out of curiosity, could someone explain it to me in detail?

Thanks

Brian

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Yikes...have you read the articles? I know I know, you probably see this said a lot, but they are very beneficial.

I'll give you the simple explanation, perhaps someone else can give you the detailed one.

At WOT, your engine is producing more exhaust gases and therefore it gets "deeper" as you put it. It's trying to push those exhaust gases out quickly so it can get fresh air and begin the revolution all over again. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured, and I forgot that there was an article about how differing exhausts affect the sound of it. I guess this topic should be closed now, I just wanted to make sure I was correct.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Yeah, thats it. The articles are a really big help, I read them a lot, they save me from having to type, and they are pretty damn beneficial. After reading them, you can go talk to your friends and they will be like "Damn, you know a lot." LOL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts