Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed my DC sports JDM header and took off my exaust because (1) i sold it and (2) it wouldnt work anyways since my header is longer that the previous one i had on there. So i have been waiting to get my 2.5 mandrel bent exaust from a shop down the street for about a week now and everytime i go up there its the same thing..."come back tomorra boy". So finally they promise that they can do it today. I asked them before i took it up there if they had the correct flange needed to bolt up to my cat and they said yeah but then i sit at my house for 4 hours waiting and they dont call me to tell me its done. I get my girlfriend to take me up there and to my suprise (sarcasm) the car is still sitting there without an exaust on it because he didnt have the correct flange. Im really getting tired of bumming rides with people and these guys just arent cuttin it. If i have to drive my car one more place just running straight header im gonna go find another place even if it is an hour away. Just thought i would share my sweet story

PS : I now smell like i have been swimming in gasoline from riding in my own car for about 5 minutes. Im loving every second of this

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope i havent paid yet. When they ask for my money im gonna say "I will get it to ya next week like you did to me pal". I swear i hate it when people try to take advantage of you like that

·
Registered
417 Posts
What I have found with some shops...if you don't buy the stuff from them, you are not their top priority. anyone buying stuff from them that day is taking precedence over you. Talk to the shop manager in a civilized manner and explain your concern. You are someone spending your hard earned money with them. They should treat you decently and do the work right. also, if you didn't buy your stuff from them, be ready to leave your car all day. If you did buy it from them, then you have a really big reason to complain about their treatment of you.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I've had nothing but bad experiences with those underground muffler/exhaust shops. Some can be good but I'm definitely never going to one again.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The weird thing is i know they guy and his family pretty well. I think part of it is that his wife recently had a kid and he isnt all there. That still is no excuse to treat a customer the way he has treated me. I mean he hasnt been directly mean to me but he has treated me indirectly in a manor that nobody should treat a customer. The whole situation just makes me mad. Good to know that I am not the only one that has had this prob or something similar to it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
that might be your problem. familiarity. Sometimes when a business owner knows someone well, they think they have a little bit more flexibility (professionally) than they do with a stranger. If you know this guy and his family well, be a little bit more candid and let him know your concerns...one unhappy customer equals ten people who aren't going to be customers...word of mouth travels fast...especially over the web.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Remember be careful how you talk to people who are working on your car when you are not around. It's like pissing off the waiter before he takes your food back to the chef to be "warmed up" if you get what I'm saying. best bet may be to take your car somewhere else since you haven't paid them yet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts