Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

Who's had to replace their radiator??? I posted a msg the other day bout my car (95 GSR) overheating badly and the rad. leaking ..... turns out the whole radiator is leaking (top, core, all) - dammit - so I gotta replace the whole thing ....

I've only done 80kms as well ... really surprising that would happen - any1 know what might have caused it? The previous owner was not hard on the car at all ... I wonder whether some stones or something have it it hard, and started a crack or something which spread?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Stuff corodes, I just changed my radiator after 90k miles and it had been bad longer than that (i just never realized it). But doing the changeout is fun, and radiators.com has good prices and fast delivery =)

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
Nah, that's normal for a honda radiator.

Go to www.radiatorbarn.com and get a replacement for 80 bucks at your door in 2 days.

It's easy...I did mine myself on the accord...same idea, same setup.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Mine went up at 100k and I just did the whole 100k tune up timing belt, water pump, belts, hoses, bearings, seals, etc, etc... It wouldn't be a bad ideal to check that stuff out.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
link
In case you haven't seen this, this might help. It's on auto though, but I bet manual is easier.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I replaced my radiator at about 100,000 miles. It was not hard at all. This might help.

Anytime you have a question like this, check out the articles section. It's pretty handy. =)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Surprisingly i found the best price and a lifetime warranty on www.radiator.com, i had a small problem with the firstone they sent, but they picked it up and got me a new one out which is fine all for free (which they should have). Make sure you get the install insurance if they ask, or at least ask them about it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
If you shop hard you can find remans, (completely flushed and cleaned cores,) with aluminum end tanks for $80-100 locally.

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
i've heard that there was a re-call on 94 and 95 (gsr?) radiators...mine has been extremely good to me. not sure on the recall thing, but i KNOW that they are known for going out. thanks for the site, Justin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just to let you guys know. The lifetime warranty doesn't apply if you install it yourself from www.radiators.com or radiatorbarn

·
Registered
269 Posts
changed my radiator 2 years ago same problem you have, common for honda radiators.wasnt aware of any recalls but i wish i was at the time. picked up an aftermarket radiator for 110. install took about 1.5 hours including purging the system.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
I had to change the radiator on the LS at 150k. I have 88k on the GSR, I have a feeling it will be sooner than later for it to go =(

·
Registered
130 Posts
My rad went at about 100,000kms. Changed it my ownself in about an hour. Easy jorb. I also did my brother's radiator on his Ford Tempo. Brutal jorb. Down with Ford.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts