Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, a friend of mine just recently fell victim to some dumbass cop who didn't know what he was talking about. Don't mean to offend anyone here who happens to be one or whatever but this guy was just retarded. Don't want to rant so long story short, my friend got tagged for a loud exhaust, blue bulbs (spearmint, haha), an intake, and get this, you know that hose that goes from the intake to the valve cover, well, my friend has a red one because it came with his injen intake, the cop said it was supposed to be black, and if it wasn't it could catch on fire and mess up his car!
Anyways, my question is, he's supposed to see some kind of referee or something, I've never got ticketed for this, what is he supposed to do. Take all that stuff off? The intake is legal, and has stickers to prove it, as for the exhaust, he's not sure, its an OBX brand and he doesn't have the old exhaust. And I told him to switch out his bulbs. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got ticketed for "unusually loud" muffler(27105(a)) and height and tint and a referee order cause the cop didn't believe the b18c1 in my car belonged in my car...yeah ya know red PCV hoses are much more prone to fires(pffffft)...

Anyways, with the citations he got, hes not required to go the referee per say...what he can do, since im assuming he didn't have the EO(Carb) stickers on his intake at the time...he can't really fight it in court...the only way to fight it is he takes his car to the referee (1-800-622-7733) make an appointment(usually 2-4 weeks)...im assuming this is in socal btw...now when he takes his car to get checked by the ref(they call it a smog check verify), the ref will not pass the car unless the aftermarket parts have the EO(or part or carb) sticker/patch/etc on the part. So make sure he gets those first...most likely to get one from Injen hes going to have to go to where he bought it, show them a reciept and they can order one...

:)

·
Registered
470 Posts
take his sh*t to the court house and get a cop to come out and sign off that the things have been fixed and u will pay like 7 bucks. change the bulbs put on a stock intake and well as far as the exhaust ummm do something. late.

·
Registered
359 Posts
integra_guy on Aug/16/02 said:
well i had a few fix it tickets well first off is cuz he has a blue bulb for headlight are tail light does are illegal but the intake just show him the damn sticker and i never seen a cop that tell you it has too be black maybe cuz all the stock intake is black but all he has too do his change everything back too stock and go get a white off meaning take his ticket and on the back there something that a other cop are chp will sign but he has too take a look at the car if anything is change are not
punctuation is your friend. learn to use it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts