Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wsup guys? i dropped my car with the SPEC-R coilover system and it's a nice drop but now comes the camber problem. do you guys recommend the camber plates? or just regular camber kits like ingalls and eibachs? the car is pretty low. it's just about tucked to the stock blackies i have. visually, the camber is not as bad as i thought it would be. by the way...which company makes the camber plates for the 94-up integras? are they really worth it? thanks guys

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
plates? i like my skunk2 front cambers, and rear you can probably get away with the cheap home depot style.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea plates. you know that plate that goes on top of the struts? where u can adjust camber, toe, caster, etc? i kno they make the camber kits that goes under the car but it's so much work. i figure that it's easier with the camber plates. any suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
yea.. i agree.. the plates are the way you wanna go.. if u are old enough to remember the old school style camber kits.. they bang up the underside of ur fenderwall.. i've seen them leave some pretty ugly dent results which was visible looking at the engine bay..

i say the flatter the better.. i've only heard good things about skunk 2's .. especially when it comes down to convenience and quick adjustment..

·
Registered
240 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead, I too am looking for camber plates and don't know what companies make them. Searched for Skunk2 camber plates and I couldn't find anything. Was wondering if there are any suggestions out there?

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Our cars a double wishbone suspension and don't use camber plates. You can move the shock all you want and it won't effect the camber at the wheel. MacPherson struts that are found on Subarus, BMW's ect use camber plates. I'm not sure what product that they were talking about 8 years ago, but I haven't seen anything like they were describing.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Camber Plates:

Porche rear MacPherson strut setup. Notice absence of any upper suspension wishbone. The Upper mount is the top of the shock itself. The bottom is mounted to the hub. The camber angle of the hub moves with the shock. This is also why there is no camber "arc" or change as the suspension compresses. Your static camber is the same no matter how much the suspension compresses.

RSX guys are more familer with this setup as the RSX has MacPherson setup.An RSX, I believe, uses camber plates.

·
Registered
240 Posts
makes sense to why i cudn't find anything. So to adjust camber in the front, there is no alternative to using UCA with that adjustable ball joint thing?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lots of misinformation in this thread. He even said camber plates can adjust toe, lol They affect it in a strut car cause of the gained camber but thats not how you adjust/correct toe.

If you could get "camber plates" for our cars it would only affect the wheel rate, nothing more.

I searched around a while back and the only way to adjust camber is the arms pictured above. Longer control arms would do it as well but I havent seen any.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
trackintegra99 on Apr/04/10 said:
makes sense to why i cudn't find anything. So to adjust camber in the front, there is no alternative to using UCA with that adjustable ball joint thing?
There is another way. Ingalls is one of the brands that make camber kits that either have adjustable mounting bushings or adjustable upper ball joints.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts