Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some white spoted areas on the back of my teg i just got it the other week and i'm not even sure what it is it could be oxidation anyway anyone had this happen to your teg? or any suggestions on how could get rid of it? how much would a paint job be and if i got a paint job wold i have to do the whole car? lol thx

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Sounds like some form of contamination. (industrial fallout/pollen/brake dust/etc)

Have you tried a clay bar?

How big are the spots? can you feel them with your fingers? black teg I take it?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
i have thos e spots on my car i tried the clay bar and they are still there i hate black integras i had a white one before and i never had so much trouble keeping it clean srry if that dont help you dude but im pissed as hell have a nice day

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
If they are on the back of your teg then most likely they are bits of hot stuff that come off your brakes. ie: brake dust They land on your car and sort of melt into your clear coat. on lighter cars you can see the rust spots around them. A clay bar is the most effective way I've found of removing them. Its really easy work. Head over the AutoZone and get a bar of Clay Magic. It will do the trick. It will pull all those pieces of metal and junk out of your clear coat and leave the surface glassy smooth. If you do a lot of freeway driving then this is a common problem. The way the air moves around your car just naturaly deposits all this IFO (Industrial FallOut) onto the back of your car. No biggie. You can fix it. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
are they the spots you see on OLDER cars? try a rubbing compound on the spots. the compound removes your clear coat and takes up some paint, but the paint that is taken up fills in the little nicks and scratches and makes them disappear. i don't know what is wrong, but this is just a suggestion. i've compounded my mothers 95 Land Rover Discovery, f**kin car is hella big and took da whole day to compoud, wash, buff, and several clear coat waxin, but the result is like a brand new paint job. try that on your whole car, thats if you've bin meanin 2 get rid of some scratches some how. hope i helped, if not well i'm sure i helped some1, atleast 1.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Rubbing compound can level out swirls, and remove paint deposits (if you remove the paint its deposited in, then obviously its going to come off ;)). It doesn't remove paint from one area and fill it in another though.

Rubbing compound is more or less a very abrasive polish. It essentially rubs off paint from the top of your clearcoat, so that swirls become shallower and less visible (due to the compound rounding off the edges of the swirl). If you can feel a scratch with your fingernail, the reality is that no amount of buffing is going to remove it. You are going to need to use touchup paint to really get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i alrdy tried rubbing it out with this scratch jkit but it didn't seem to do much of anything at all i think the only way to get this sh*t lookin desent again is to get a paint job is there anyone in the md area that could help me out? if not thx for givin e some ideas everyone i duno if anything will work b/c i know what brake dust is and this isn't it = \ anyway i'm out get back to u guys lata , peace

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I know before reading the replies that Styleteg and Jngrbrdman have already replied and said "try a claybar".

I swear, that's some miracle stuff man.
I used it on my face and it got rid of my acne.

But seriously, could it be overspray?
Have you (or someone else) done any painting on (or in close proximity to) your car? Just another think to consider.

If so, Styleteg and Jngrbrdman's endorsement of the "miracle-turd" rightfully should be your first consideration before even thinking about a new paint job.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
I have the same white small dots on my colver green teg in the back near the taillight and rear bumper I notice it the next day when I bought it from the dealer (about 2-3 years ago) up to now I cant get rid of it and there is some really deep stain spot inside the paint the body shop couldnt get it out but they told me they have to remove the old paint and repaint the whole suface.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts