Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i'm new here. i just picked up a 94 LS. i've noticed that when i turn the wheel in either direction while i'm moving there is a whinning coming from the engine. i think it's the power steering pump but i could be wrong. if it is, am i going to have to get a new one? my 91 integra that i just sold never made this sound so i believe it's on it's way out. i could use any help i can get. i'm planing a big trip soon and would liek to have this problem fixed soon. thanks

·
Registered
940 Posts
I took my car in 2 days ago because my radiator blew, and i also mentioned to the guy that my steering wheel makes like a grinding\whinning sound when i turn, and he said ''oh yeah, there is a peice missing from the 94, 95, 96, and 97 tegs and they all make that noise'' so i think you can get it fixed , he made a hand fiqure of it liek its the size of a bolt so it should be small and cheap to get, i'll update you when i get my car back

·
Registered
378 Posts
Is there enough fluid in the resevoir? Usually these make noise if they are low on fluid or the bearing is almost gone.

I know you can get the pumps on ebay all the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts