Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking at a greddy turbo timer with harness on ebay for about $110 shipped. anyone have any preference as to which one you guys prefer and why? features would be nice...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
I have the hks one which I highly reccomend and over on honda-tech i've read alot of greddy units breaking due to the slightest short or spark or bad ground or something like that it messed up, the hks was easy to install and no need to buy the harness it's really to install, really easy, and I don't care for you other people posting"oh my greddy is fine blah blah blah" that's just what i read
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the same guy on ebay has an hks with harness for the same price as the greddy. the greddy has a few more features but they did mention it was basic... i'll take a look into that. (the last time i cut a wire was for my tachometer and seems my dash light is weaker because i tapped the white off one of those wires. don't want this problem with my ignition shorting out so i prefer having a harness)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
Yea...I'm going to have to also recomend against the GReddy fatt...I had some issues with it a few times where it just wouldn't work. And one of those times was after a jump start- so it doesn't seemingly like 24 volts.

Also, I could never get any of the cool timer functions to work like the 100M dash, ET times, etc...granted they are all in KM/H and this was in a DA...still, it should have at least sort of worked which it didn't.

I'll be looking into getting the HKS unit when it's time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,975 Posts
JRutski on Sep/19/07 said:
Yea...I'm going to have to also recomend against the GReddy fatt...I had some issues with it a few times where it just wouldn't work. And one of those times was after a jump start- so it doesn't seemingly like 24 volts.

Also, I could never get any of the cool timer functions to work like the 100M dash, ET times, etc...granted they are all in KM/H and this was in a DA...still, it should have at least sort of worked which it didn't.

I'll be looking into getting the HKS unit when it's time.

24 volts? jump starting your car doesnt produce 24volts bro.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
jameelrose on Sep/19/07 said:
24 volts? jump starting your car doesnt produce 24volts bro.
It does when the only thing I have to jump it is a buddy that works for a salvage company with an older tow truck that runs on 24 volts. But either way- a good point, jumping doesn't normally cause 24 volts. I still wouldn't buy the Greddy unit...it seemed that IT was the only thing effected by the jump...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,975 Posts
wow, your a brave soul... i would have never hooked that tow truck up to my teg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
Was really the only option...on a flat dirt road, the 3 of us tried to roll start to no avail...just couldn't get it going fast enough. I didn't want to, but he asured me that he had "jumped several cars using his truck with no issues". That and I remembered reading somewhere about being able to withstand a momentary 24 volt spike from jumping...which it did just fine.

And i had seen some of his tow jobs...that truck was so old, I would rather risk the jump than a tow from that truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
717 Posts
i love my hks type 1. it has rpm readout and a warning rpm which i use as a shift light. it also has volt readout, mph, all with warning levels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,326 Posts
I'm a victim of the Greddy jump start curse


on top of this the extra features on the Greddy (minus the Voltage reader) aren't that great as the menu's hard to navigate through.

I'd suggest buying a turbo timer just for a it's turbo timer function... unless that turbo timer is integrated into the alarm system which trumps all stand-alone turbo timers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
aalb1 on Sep/19/07 said:
I'm a victim of the Greddy jump start curse


on top of this the extra features on the Greddy (minus the Voltage reader) aren't that great as the menu's hard to navigate through.

I'd suggest buying a turbo timer just for a it's turbo timer function... unless that turbo timer is integrated into the alarm system which trumps all stand-alone turbo timers.
so the car alarms that come with a turbo timer are actually good and useful?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top