Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im a new member so dont get mad beause someone has probably already asked this. I have a 97 gsr with greddy evo exhaust. i want to put a turbo in it but i want to buy a kit that comes with every thing i need. I want to be able to run 12-13 second 1/4.Any suggestions on which kit i should get revhard,drag 3,fmax, etc...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI, ya its a daily driver with the occasional redlight race and the track every once and a while. it has 70k miles on it, and i have like 5k to spend on it. And i heard that the revhard kit is good but they do not come with a air intake.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info. first i was leaning toward the drag 3 setup but then i heard its really not a bolt on and that u had to weld and hack things quite a bit to get it on. is this true?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yes, the Drag 3 is not a complete bolt-on, but neither is the Rev-Hard. Chuck_Dean on here has a Rev-Hard and it was far from bolt-on.

Also expect to pay alot more than the retail price of it, it will costed ~$4,000 after all the costs which includes the kit, tuning, fabrications, and extras like TT and air filter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanx now im thinking of going with greddy because i hear alot that it is a PERFECT bolt on kit..but I want to be able to run 13 and 12 second 1/4 miles and i don't think the greddy kit is capable of that but if it is tell me what time slips you think i could get with this set up.
stock internals
greddy turbo kit
greddy fmic kit
greddy type s bov
greddy evo cat back
boost probably set to 6-7psi

I dont't want to spend this much money on greddy turbo stuff if i'm not going to be capable of 13-12 sec 1/4mile with my set up.some one please tell me if i will before i spend all the money:)

·
Registered
535 Posts
with the fmic you'll be pushing 8-9psi, and close to 250whp. should be good for mid 13s, especially if you get a 3" exhaust. theres been alot of post revivals pertaining to these kits, so i suggest you search for the pros and cons.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks dex, any one know any body or who has there self had problems installing the Greddy kit,and im pretty new to modding and i'm thinkin i'll probably need a new clutch and suggestons on this?

·
Registered
535 Posts
dave0283 on Mar/01/04 said:
is it safe to push 8-9 psi on stock internals??? just a heads up.
using the greddy blue box that comes with the kit, apparently greddy feels its safe enough to push 8.5 psi _with_ an intercooler. is it really safe though? i wouldnt be the one to ask.

edit: also, it may be more of a hassel ($) to upgrade the actual turbo ina greddy kit, but it is possible, in case later down the road you do plan on building your engine, upping the boost etc. Just be aware that you have more flexibility with a different kit.

·
Registered
535 Posts
evilempire on Mar/01/04 said:
yeah I don't want to rain on your parade but you better get some amazing tuning. I'd spend the money to build up your engine and start saving for a turbo kit then...a 12 second integra isn't cheap

FI is not cheap

Quote: race4life on Mar/01/04 Which kit am i better off going for with stock internals. greddy,drag3,fmax, or revhard?
_if_ its tuned, it doesnt matter which kit you get. tuning and a low enough boost will be fine with stock internals.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Quote: I dont't want to spend this much money on greddy turbo stuff if i'm not going to be capable of 13-12 sec 1/4mile with my set up.some one please tell me if i will before i spend all the money:)
If your only goals are to break into the 13's with only a bolt-on kit, it's possible. There is more to running a fast quater mile than just HP, like: Good consistant driver, Slicks, weight reduction, LSD, Traction bars, different gearing...

I believe January 2002 Turbo Magazine had a Greddy Turbo Kit with pretty much all you listed plus Hooser Slicks on a GS-R and a pro-driver and it ran a 12 sec. pass.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.