Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Klasse AIO and Platinum High Gloss...
I also have been noticing some swirl and scratch marks, so I have bought Meguiar's No. 9 Swirl Remover.

Now my question is, what order should they be applied on? I'm assuming: Wash, Dry, Klasse, Meguiar's, Platinum?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Wash, dry, Clay, wash again, dry, #9, Klasse, Platinum

As long as you have a good polish like #9 handy then you might as well break out the clay while you're at it. If you've never clayed your car before then you don't know what you are missing. It will make your car glassy smooth and really impress people that have never had it done before. Clay Magic is like $10 at AutoZone. It's really easy to use too.

The only reason I say to wash the car after you clay is because it can leave streaks behind. Streaks and leftover bits of clay. Its best to wash that off before you go on to something else.

Are you doing this by hand or do you have a machine? #9 (or any polish for that matter) is most effective when applied by machine. You'll wear yourself out doing it by hand. Just keep that in mind and plan out a few hours for this project if you are doing it by hand.

Klasse doesn't really do anything for swirls. It is a paint cleaner and a polymer/acrylic sealant. It will create an excellent base for the Platinum. It may not really be necessary after the #9 but I wouldn't pass up a chance to put Klasse on my car. It may help a little more with some of the swirls though. It has been known to help. Remember to apply it with a damp (not dripping. Just wet.) applicator. It goes on pretty easy. There is zero drying time too. You can just apply it and then buff it right out.

Platinum is going to look awesome. 4 Star suggests waiting 24 hours between coats for maximum effectiveness. If you decide to do it that way then make sure you at least rinse the car off when you put the next layer on. You don't want any dust to get on the car and create more swirls that you just got out.

Hope that helps. You are really going to dig how it looks. Don't worry about using any fancy car washes or anything. Between the clay, #9, and Klasse your car will be as clean as it has ever been. Regular car wash soap will do the trick.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually clayed my car a few weeks ago (wash/clay/klasse/platinum)... thats how I noticed the swirls. I don't plan on claying again until the end of the year.
So you're saying the best time to put on the remover is before putting on the Klasse (won't the Klasse strip/remove the swirl/scratch remover)?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
The swirl remover isn't really adding any shine to your car. Its sole purpose is to cut down the clear coat and remove swirls. If you put a sealant like Klasse on first then the #9 is going to cut down the clear and the Klasse. Always best to polish before you put anything on the car that is supposed to bond. The worse that could happen by applying Klasse second is that it may remove any fillers that your swirl remover put in the swirls. I haven't ever experienced that with Klasse and #9 though. I think you'll be fine.

·
Registered
389 Posts
what is a "regular car wash" ? ive heard some regular car wash soaps are damaging?? what is something simple i can get at autozone/pep boys etc?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Also, platinum (actually most acrylic sealants) will have trouble bonding to the filler oils. Klasse AIO will clean up any fillers left behind from the #9, and like Jngrbrd said, leave a great base to start layering platinum on top of!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts