Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 95 Integra AUTOMATIC LS has about 105,000 miles on it. I'm kinda itching to make it a little faster and I know there are many options to do this but I don't know which would be best. I could...

1. Just change the tranny to my car, then turbo my engine, but it would have kinda high mileage

2. Buy another b18b then turbo that.

3. by a gs-r (or type r if i found one) motor and leave it at that

any other choices or ideas? thanks.

Drew

·
Super Moderator
14,179 Posts
all comes down to the mone...BUT if money didn't matter and I was in your shoes, buy a new b18b or c with the tranny. Have a build them both up(gross generalization)and turbo the engine.
then drop them in and be happy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
look all you really have to do is just rebuilld the one you got . that means pistions, rods, berrings,and what ever else you need .get a used trani gsr or b16 or ls ,have a machine shop clean out the block. if you stay with the ls head i would put new springs and retainers and valves and new cams. or do what i did and put a vtec head on..money wise a rebuild may save you a little more money overall.. i've seen all motor ls's run 14's.......
if you are sure you want to turbo build the ls up for turbo... there is nothin better than felling turbo

·
Registered
577 Posts
i'd suggest stick to your engine, and get a C tranny. Then start thinkin about rebuilding your engine. This is prolbably your best money-saving option, since i'm sure money is gonna be a deciding factor.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Type R or GSR motor swap. You will be most pleased w/that unless you would rather have a turbo, then get the Manual swap, and turbo your engine.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you pay all the money for a B18C5 your an idiot. Take the money and put in a 5spd and a turbo. The motor has miles, but valve seals, rings, head gasket, cam seals, and maybe pistons aren't that much in comparison to an R engine. Plus a turbo B18B will not only kill a type R, but have its way with his sister.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
look around, and find an ls swap with manual, and alot of times they will have the ecu u need, the shift linkages, clutch, and sometimes more, you need a lot to do the changeover, ive looked into it and theirs articles. i think its around 600 to do the actualy changeover if you have all the parts that u need for it, thats the price i got. But for all the hsit for my changeover it came out to around 1000, and that was only a few new parts, all the others were used.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I agree w/APG LsVtec. I personally have a 95 ls manual w/122k miles on it. I am in the process of purchasing parts to rebuild the motor as an ls vtec. If you want to go turbo then stick w/the ls motor, maybe rebuild it if u want, and swap the tranny. I have found some good info about rebuild parts on this website: www.jgenginedynamics.com . This is where i am buying several of my parts from. Good luck!

·
Registered
713 Posts
I would say go with the manual tranny... manuals are actually fun to drive, even if you didnt have enough money for any other mods, in my opinion it would be worth it. But try to get an ITR engine... there's your tranny right there, and a better one than they put in the ls's

1 - 18 of 18 Posts