Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've had a CEL on after I installed my new exhaust system and I decided to check out what it meant. Today I went to a shop and on the computer it said that the "bank #1", "sensor #2" was bad. Now which sensor is it, the one before cat or after? Please tell me so that I know which o2 sensor to buy.

Thanks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the one after the cat (further from the engine), not the one in the downpipe, if I understand you right?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Its actually in the cat. But yeah, its not the one in the downpipe/exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
The "bank1" is in reference to an I4/I6, or the right sided of a V block. "Bank2" is going to be left side of the V block. Think of the term "Cylinder Bank." Sensor #1 is going to be the primary, located on the header. Sensor #2 is the secondary, loacted on the cat to check if it is operating properly.

Usually people screw up this O2 on poor handeling of the unit, durring an exhaust install. Check the connetion or replace the unit. Now would be a great time to wire in a O2 Simulator (DO A SEARCH), if it has to be replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts