Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've gotten to that point again where I want new rims. It started off with this mishap. I kept it in winter trim until now and now its warm. So I call Wheelmax (the only Exel Wheel distributor) for a new one and they're on backorder til Mid-May. I don't really want to wait that long... It's $140 to get repaired and repainted. However, I want a new rim. Since the Velox VX-8 is not an EXACT copy, I am forced (lol) to choose a new set...

It's time to step away from Gunmetal for me. I have had gunmetal paint on my last three sets of rims. I think black is out of the question as well as I am tired of it from my winter rims, so my attention is drawed towards Gold and Bronze...

Right now I have 4 - 215/35/ZR18 tires with about 1000 miles on them ready to be put on the road. Along with a wheel set is the re-installation of my full Wings West Kit and Black Widow Spoiler.

So, I have done extensive searching for pics of Red Integra's with gold or bronze wheels and have come up almost empty. Please post some if you have em. I would greatly appreciate it.

More importantly, I have picked out 2 different types of wheels. These wheels are exact pics of what I intend to purchase (in 18"). Please give me your thoughts.

My car in Full Summer Trim

R-1 Racing Wheels GTR-10 (Bronze w/stainless steel lip)

Rev Wheels Model 2 (Gold w/polished lip)

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
bronze will deff look awsome, I think outkasteed24 has bronze wheels on his MR JRSCed monster.

fro mthe two that you selected I would go with the second choice, i like the style and the fact that it has a lip, maybe one with only 4 holes to make it cleaner, but I never liked wheels with bolts or screw heads on them.

good lukc searching, look into wheelsnext.com too as well as wheelmax.com

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
I like the first one, GT-N replicas right?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hpracing007 on Apr/08/04 said:
I like the first one, GT-N replicas right?
Yeah GT-N replicas. The second ones are Volk LE-28N (LTD Edition) replicas.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I vote for the R-1 I have the ADR sokduos same thing. But you need to know that the 4 lug version is only 8 spokes Looks better anyhow

17" ADR Sokudos in Hyperblack

Yes - I'm whorin pics again,
Yes - it's for Sean to look at for reference.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the pics Alvin. Actually, your car made me think of that rim.

Couple questions...How much do yours weigh? How polished is the lip? How is the overall fit and finish on them? Is the "Sokudo" on the rim a sticker? Any nice daytime pics?

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Your'e welcome Sean

They weighs 19 bls. Not bad for 17s. The lip is 1"and is fully polished and you can see yourself in it, like a mirror reflection. The sokudo is a sticker and you can remove it but I prefer the look with them on. The bolts are real bolts I dunno how they do it but it's real and not molded into the rim. Here are some more pics. Since I'm already picture crazy might as well post these lol.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
out of those two i would go with the R-1 Racing Wheels GTR-10 (Bronze w/stainless steel lip). the sokudo's come in gold and they looks tight BUT the problem with those wheels is the clear coat on the polished lip is really sh*tty and after a little while will start to strip and it looks like sh*t. the four sets of sokudo's i have seen all have the same problem. i think gold would look so good because bronze is startin to come around but a nice gold with polished lip would look good and not too common. another thing that would look OUTSTANDING is too do a color match multi spoke wheel. that would look so so so incredibly hott on that cinebar teg of yours. well good look man. either way your car would be the hott sh*t. your teg would still be one of my favorites on here even rollin on steelies:). good luck man.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
vdog0531 on Apr/07/04 said:
the sokudo's come in gold and they looks tight BUT the problem with those wheels is the clear coat on the polished lip is really sh*tty and after a little while will start to strip and it looks like sh*t.
Do you think that could have been from miss-use or from people not taking care of their wheels right?

personally out of the 6 sets of wheels I owned, I have been through 4 sets of ADRs, one OEM and one set of Konig and so far all the ADRs I used were perfect and ncie rims. but then I wash my car every week.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
ok alvin well the sets of wheels you had on your car, they were on and off like i change my underwear so wear and tear did not develop. when i had the gunmetal sokudo's on my car, i washed them probably an average of 9 times a week. and they were Klasse'd about once a week and the problem still developed. there is no salt on the roads on here either so the clear coat IMO just sucks ass. its something i would suggest not getting becasue altho the sokudo's are great looking wheels for the price, if you are willing to buck up a few bucks, there are much better wheels out there.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the input. However, after all of this I don't want the rims fallin apart. I'll go with vdog on this one and stay away. My next problem is...the R-1 GTR-10's only come in bronze, black, hyperblack, gunmetal, chrome, and white...and I want gold...

Should I get bronze, see how I like it...If I don't, splurge on painting them? Or, get the Rev Model 2's and be done with it?

BTW: The Rev Model 2's are 19.2 lbs for a 18x7.5. I can't find a weight on the R-1's.

Here are them in black...Any thoughts?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I think all of those are really great choices. I'm a huge fan of the Volk GT-Ns so I'm leaning a little more towards the GTR-10s. I love the bronze color on that rim... that black one looks hot too (now that I see the pic). But I think the center of the Rev wheels looks a little bit cleaner looking. I wouldn't get the Velox V8s again since you already have them. It just seems more exciting getting new/different sets of rims. Although I'm a fan of the Velox's also because that's what I have. Off the subject, Alvin what happened to your Konig Zeige rims? I thought you just got those not too long ago?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
i've never been a fan of bronze rims on red cars but to each his own. I would just wait the month and get a new rim for the set you have.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Dude, the ones painted in black...
My uncle would hit the roof if he saw those. He just ordered the Volk GT-N in custom black painted by volk. Like an extra 3 month wait, but he got them from someone on the MR2 board.

They look that damn good!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
damn... so many choices. the R1's look tight but do they come in gold? or are you thinking of getting the black ones pictured? because although the black with a polished lip is really good looking i would say black and gunmetal are becoming too overly used. i think gold should DEFINATELY be the option OR do the color match paiting with a polished lip. the Velox in gold would look awesome too and we already know well that style wheel looks on your car and i am thinkin that that design in gold on your car would be KILLER for sure.

EDIT: another thought i had was once you change from a darker wheel... you might wanna look into getting a set of clear bumper lights that you can paint all amber so it looks like the 98 and up kind of bumper light. i think the amber would look better with the gold rather than the tinted bumper lights. just my opinion tho.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts