Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going turbo and I would like to know which is the best turbo kit for our tegs? Also which one is the most reliable(everyday driving)?
1) Drag 3 turbo kit
2) Rev Hard turbo kit
3) Fmax turbo kit
I need some help guys

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
reliability is hard to tell b/c there are many variables. For example, say your teg is turbo and you don't change your oil every 3,000miles or you don't take care of the turbo....your going to run into major problems in the future. Another would depend on tuning, tuning is the key to reliability and life of your car. The best way if you're planning to run stock bottom is to get a small turbo like a t03 or t03/4. Run low psi like 6-9 so you don't ruin the block. From your choices the rev hard and drag 3 kits sound nice. I haven't heard much about Fmax but for their prices, it's not worth it. Last but not least use the SEARCH BUTToN. You'll find many posts that relate to this and so you could better understand what your getting into try the turbo article.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
the GReddy kit is the most reliable. if you tell us your power goals and application (for what use: track, strip, street) we can narrow it down.

Edit: damn you integragsr06!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Small Turbo like a t03/4...wow if that's small for a 1.8 what is big a t66? Fmax is a good kit but all of those kits you mentions are about the same. All T03/4 and use FMU and Fuel pump (except fmax uses extra injectors but I don't like that about it) I agree with LT6916 the Greddy kit is by far the most reliable and streetable but don't expect huge gains like the others. But there is a trade off between reliability and power (if your spending the same amount of money that is)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
He didn't include the Greddy kit on his list so ha

LT6916-Hehehehe

98turbors-I know the t03/4 isn't a small turbo but from those kits, they mostly come with a t03 or t03/4 turbo. The Greddy is by far the only emission passing aftermarket turbo kit for our tegs so i think that would suite him better for reliability.

·
Registered
176 Posts
rev hard stage 2 will get you there but idk costs and all that jazz

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
For your goal, any of those kits except the greddy will get you there but reliability won't be so decent. Like 98turbors said when you want reliability you lose power and vise versa.

·
Registered
910 Posts
why do you guys say the greddy kit won't get that kind of output? yes its a smaller turbo but how much boost would you really need to run to get 240 hp?

·
Registered
318 Posts
from what i read up about the F-Max is the way to go....the drag kit and rev hard is supposed to put out the best horespower...but wit that u need to upgrade your fuel system to equal the amount of air you are throwing into the throttle body...the fmax kit already comes wit the injectors for that...im leaning more towards the fmax kit for my car...i have a 98RS...but thats just my opinion on it

·
Registered
413 Posts
Just out of plain, raw, and yes I admit, evil curiosity will someone please "ATTEMPT" to explain to me EXACTLY how and why a Greddy kit is more reliable than the 3 he listed???

P.S...I am running with a Rev-Hard kit right now...so I would be very entertained to find out why you guys "THINK" that!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hope no one gives you an exact answer. Don't base it off one or two people's answers. I seems like a lot of people are flamin you for this, but I understand I was in that situation about a month ago...before I read. To give you a general answer a T3 60trim is going to be on the lower end of your list and a T3/T04e 60 trim will be at the very top. Personally since I have a 95 SE like you I am going with a t3/t04e 57 trim. I choose this because spool is not TOO much of an issue, and I'm looking to get around 280-300 WHP. Also with this, later on I may upgrade my internals so I can push this little car to 320WHP or more and be confident my engine won't blow. So do some research, buy some books, check out compressor maps, do whatever you have to do to LEARN MORE. That's the key to success, not someone's opinion.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Wow guys.. This is really getting heated. The only argument that shows that the Greddy is the more "reliable" kit is because of its Conservative E-manage tune, that has been pre-programmed to assist w/ fuel and timing curves for an assumed, regularly maintained engine.

Since he is in New York, he has a myriad of options that are available to him. I've configured many turbo setups that utilized the warranty and safety of the big manufacturers, but at the same time still build for reliability and upgradability for future use.

It's not the easiest thing in the world to get reliability, upgradability, and cost all in one package... But you will sacrifice one to get the other 2.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
This thread is from 2002...
I've done it too...

·
Registered
62 Posts
jojo on Jul/09/04 said:
This thread is from 2002...
I've done it too...
WHOOPS! My bad

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Yeah, a good thing! Just keep your eye on the date.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts