Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to install nitrous on my car its a 95 se with a b16a2 head and arp stud set. im hearing mixed things on what i should get and how big of a shot i should use. so just tell me what u think thanx

·
Registered
172 Posts
they are both fairly safe as long as you do them correctly. read the article and do everything it says to do to your car and you will be fine.

·
Registered
695 Posts
i personally went with wet and i cannot be happier... it pulls harder than a gsr with only a 50 shot

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 92 hatch with b18c1 and a 100shot zex. I had been running 55, then steped up to 75, but the main thing I can tell you is get some cam gears, get your timing retarded right, and MAKE SURE THAT YOUR FUEL SIDE OF THE TIMING IS RIGHT. Use a timing gun, or take it to a shop, because you will damage your engine with out enough fuel, or if you run on stock timing. I tried 75 a few times without any timing adjustments and had no problems, but its not suggested. Get some NGK cold plugs(like $5-6each)or zex plugs, and just have fun with it. Nitrous is a great upgrade for a car, just as long as your getting enough fuel.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
doesn't sounds like you have the mods that would require a wet kit (more than 75 shot). In fact- on the LS/Vtec I'm not sure you could run a 75 shot with plugs and gears? Perhaps someone else knows more about that. A dry kit like zex or the pricey venom would do you well considering your mods IMHO.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
meconfu5ed on Feb/27/04 said:
doesn't sounds like you have the mods that would require a wet kit
you don't need mods to run a wet kit. nitrous will have a greater effect on an unmodified engine than a modified one. I have a NX wet kit 35, 50, and 75hp settings. I have an intake and muffler and I run the 50hp shot on my car no problems

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I'm currently running a 70hp shot in my NOS brand dry kit. I'm planning on converting it to a wet kit so I can step it up to a 100 shot later on after my engine is ready for it after a build up. Currently all I have done is I/h/test pipe. It pulls good as is and whoever said it pulls harder than a gsr is right except mine pulls quit a bit harder.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
meconfu5ed on Feb/27/04 said:
doesn't sounds like you have the mods that would require a wet kit (more than 75 shot). In fact- on the LS/Vtec I'm not sure you could run a 75 shot with plugs and gears? Perhaps someone else knows more about that. A dry kit like zex or the pricey venom would do you well considering your mods IMHO.
Why??? A wet kit ensures you get enough fuel...so WHY would you recommend a dry over a wet? Dry has their place but...it's a lot easier to get a wet setup then it would be for the dry....besides the plumbing of the gas lines.

·
Registered
695 Posts
PMP_C_TEG on Feb/27/04 said:
It pulls good as is and whoever said it pulls harder than a gsr is right except mine pulls quit a bit harder.
i said it but im just on a 50 shot nos wet kit.... you on 70 shot.... im going to go 75 shot wet real soon... as soon as i get my bottle warmer reconnected

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.