Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have a 94 2dr LS teg that im about to start constucting the sound system in it and of course what better place to start than the head unit lol..well heres the problem i couple of people told me that back in there day PIoNEER and JVC always kicked but and the magority of the said they would perfer JVC any day so im coming to pro's to see what kind of opinions i can get and which is the best brand out there for headunits please and thank you appreaciate it very much

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have always used alpine as well, never had any propblems with them and they tend to last forever. Kenwood on the other hand, i used kenwood once and it gave me 3 major problems in two years. Thats just my two cents

·
Registered
242 Posts
Alpines always have my vote, they seem to have good quality power supplies and quality components instide them. I've had panasonic and pioneer's but they seem to poop out after a few years (led's stop working on faceplate normally). I'd take a pioneer over a jvc though.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Worked at a Circuit City for the Roadshop. If I wasn't installing something, I was on the floor fooling around with all the headunits and speaker combinations. For the price and reliability, you can't get much better than Pioneer. If you spend about $150+ you'll get great sound quality and good features. In that range it will perform better than just about anything except Alpine.

^^ x2 on the Kenwood **** breaking. Had a unit in my old Mazda when I bought it, the Kenny fell apart and sounded like ****, even with new speakers!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you all for the advice i will stick to eighter alpine or or pioneer ill look into my budget and see what i can afford thank you very much
i do have another queastion and that is what is the best or the most popular tweeters? i was just wondering because i might get me some tweeters for my door too? please and thank you

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
tweeters and speakers usually go together as a pair, i wouldnt buy them seprate. talk to the people at the local car audio place and see which componet systems they have and try em out and see which you like best. i personally have CDT audio components in my teg and i love em.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree with 98_gsr, don't buy tweeters seperate, if you go to your local car audio place they should have good componet speakers that will probably have a cross over as well. My experience is that the componet speakers with the seperate tweeters always sound good togther. I use db audio in my teg and they sound great. I did have to make brakets for them to fit in the properly because the magnets are really big. No biggie thow, just use some mdf wood.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have been researching for a while as well for a new headunit and I think im leaning towards pioneer. I hear good things about alpine but heard there newer stuff isnt as good as it used to be. Although there is a lot of hype around the new alpine I believe its 9887 not sure. Im leaning towards the pioneer 880prs or 780mp/7800mp they are supposed to be good sq wise having a 24bit burr brown dac in them. Hope this helps a lil.

Dan

·
Banned
9,126 Posts
i personally have never used pioneer products and i probably wont they may be good and all but i dont like trusting something you can buy at wal-mart ive used only alpine and have never been let down

·
Registered
18 Posts
98_gsr on Sep/04/07 said:
tweeters and speakers usually go together as a pair, i wouldnt buy them seprate. talk to the people at the local car audio place and see which componet systems they have and try em out and see which you like best. i personally have CDT audio components in my teg and i love em.
CDT Audio FTW!!! Im runnin cdt speakers all the way around except for my sub...on the other hand im runnin an Eclipse deck and after gettin it i will NEVER get another brand...neither Alpine or Pioneer compare to the sound quality of my Eclipse head unit

·
Registered
598 Posts
an alpine came in my car when i got it and its kickass. and im going for the alpine 9887 that you mentioned and its even more kickass lol. only downside in my opinion though, is its a bit pricey

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
iloveacura on Sep/03/07 said:
Find one that fits your budget and has all the features you want.

Personally I think JVC sucks, Pioneer is nice, but I live by my Alpine products.
JVC depends on person heh. I luv em(certain ones)

agree about the rest

Pioneer is ok
Alpine is badass

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.