Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...i've been a member for a few months now and i learned alot from you guys, and michael, ur a genius, can someone please recommend something to me? DC 4-1 headers? or Greddy 4-1 headers? i got a 94 LS and i'm planning to drop a jackson racing supercharger in there and currently, i got the AEM CAI and having the Greddy EVO cat back sent to me. any reccommendations would be greatly appreciated. i just want to smoke the mustangs and the camaros here, they think they can fly because they got big ol v8's. someone help me out. thank you.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
well this question depends if you get the supercharger or not. if you know for sure that you wont then the dc and greddy are just about the same header. they both arent stepped, and are just about the same design. i would look at the comptech MIG 4-2-1 if you decided to stay NA. If you do plan on going F/I then dont get the DC or Greddy because they have longer primaries. although this is great in NA cars, a superchargerd car needs a header with short primaries. This is because once the compressed air enters into the exhaust stream it gets larger, and the volume of the air gets much larger as well. This air then needs to be let out, and let out fast. you will also need a 3"collector for the headers if you plan to go F/I. the greddy and dc collector is just too small. Two products i have read good things about are the Kamakazi and Hytech. The kamakzi header can be found for the same price as regular headers while the Hytech, although worth it in some eyes, is 2 or three times that price. The only probelm i have heard about with the kamakazi is poor fitmint in some applications. You might also want to think about getting a high flow cat and stepping your exhaust up to 3" as well. I suggest that you do a bit more reading of the articles and look in the F/I forum a little bit more for more answers about supercharging and the componets that go with it. Your gonna find much better answers to your questions that way from people that have actually used those products, than by me just telling you what i have found out about them.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Since you're planning on putting a supercharger I think you should go with Kamikaze header, which has short primaries, instead of DC 4-1 or Greddy 4-1
headers which are more suited for NA application.
Also I think you should go with 2.5 ID exhaust (I believe Hytech has one) instead of 2.38 ID Geaddy Evo for best results. That's what I think but if somebody find something wrong feel free to fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts