Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a red integra that is in the shop right now getting a full Bomex body kit and paintjob and I was wondering what everyone thought would be a good color for underbody neon? I was thinking along the lines of red or white. Any suggestions and pics of cars with those colors or others would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Whats your color theme going to be? If its red and white then its all up to you but I personally would go with red in that case. If you have some other color theme like red and blue then maybe you might want blue. Just know If i owned a red car I would have gotten red

·
Registered
860 Posts
dont go with neons, personally i would spend my money on some gauges. for about the same price you could get something usefull. red neons are illegal also.

·
Registered
690 Posts
it's your teg, do what you want to do. I've got a black teg, and i plan on getting green neons. Just don't let someone talk you out of something that you really want to do.
Good luck with the teg!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Think about your color theme. Most of the time its two colors. Go with one of those. My theme is black & white and if I got sum they would be white. My friend has a gray Ponticrap sunfire with blue ones and red guages now that is ugly.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hey Maniacal, we've got the same black and white color scheme going on! haha. I just want to get green neons because i think they would stand out and look really good.

·
Registered
591 Posts
i think white would look too much like a giant light under your car... but then again ive never seen white. any actual-life pics of white neons guys? anyway, red would be cool to accent your cars color but its illegal so watch out

·
Registered
739 Posts
a2playa1 on Apr/20/04 said:
dont go with neons, personally i would spend my money on some gauges. for about the same price you could get something usefull. red neons are illegal also.
All underbody neons are illegal, homie.

If red and white is your theme then I'd do white.

Mine happens to be red and black... and obviously I can't do black, so I'd choose red.

My friend has red ones on his red tibiuron and they look pretty cool... but not cool enough for the 400 dollars he paid for them haha.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Pawwalski on Apr/20/04 said:
Quote: a2playa1 on Apr/20/04dont go with neons, personally i would spend my money on some gauges. for about the same price you could get something usefull. red neons are illegal also.

Just saying that neons are illegal is a vague statement. Law vary from state to state. Here, in PA, it is illegal to drive with them on. In a parking lot, they are legal. However, 20 miles away from me, in Ohio, people are permitted by law to drive all day and all night with their undercar neons on.

So, check your local laws if that is a concern.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You may want to reconsider neons. They tend to break after time depending on who makes the kit. Another alternative is LED lighting. Its a little more expensive but it will pay in the long run. The white LEDs look hot!! They don't look plain white, but more like a high intensity color. I used to be in to the neon craze back in the day, but if I was to chose one now, i'd go with the LEDs IMHO. Just trying to save you the headache.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have a red LED kit on my car. Looks great and it can do various movements and effects, kinda like christmas lights
LOL... They do cost more than a normal neon setup and require more effort for the install, but I would get the LED because they will last longer, not break as easy, and can do more than just on and off. They also come in a wide variety of colors just like neon. Hope this helps
enjoy.

·
Registered
404 Posts
u can get a under neaon kit that has like 7 colors u can change it any time its in a mag ill see if if i could look it up or ya on the net

·
Registered
136 Posts
a2playa1 on Apr/20/04dont said:
Do some research before you throw that statement out there.

Each state has different laws and it's your responsability to know them (Implied Consent).

In some states you can't have them on while driving. In others you can have them on (Here in Greenville, NC you can have them on while driving) but certain restrictions apply i.e blue red and green bulbs are illegal if the bulbs show, ect.

Just research your state's laws before you put them on and have have fun with them.

I think sticking to a 2 color scheme is probably best. When you start mixing a lot of colors it just loses its flow. I am also using the black/white scheme, but don't think I'll be putting neons in anytime soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts