Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ey guys,
About my car- 95 Acura integra 2dr coupe, ls, with optima 3 cell battery. (i should of gotten a bigger one since this one is way small)
I'm doing the big 2 lol since the wire to the alternator is way way to hard to get to.

Anyways here are my plans,i wanted to upgrade my electrical, since i'm running two 9inch neons (nothing almost), carcomputer (around 200 watts w/ Screen), a p.a system (around 40+ watts), foglights (2x50watts), radar detector (nothing almost), 5 ch hifonics amp (800 watts which powers 4 speakers and 1 sub).

To connect so many parts, i bought one negative terminal which has one 0 guage (for ground), two 4 guages (one for the amp directly, the other to the other side of the chasis (spelling)). Now the problem is my positive terminal, i need (or i think i do because i'm clueless) of getting a terminal which accepts my stock wires, and also gives me some outputs. My stock wires are one 0 guage (alternator) and two 4 (guages). But i would also want one 4 guage going to the amp itself, and one 4 guage which i can split up to power the accessories.

What should i get? How would you guys do it? I noticed i couldn't find anything for the postive terminal anywhere with that many connections, so i was just wondering how you guys are doing it? any help appreciated thanks!
noob ---->>> Hitmanz

·
Registered
564 Posts
You can get a battery terminal bar

Ive seen them able to hook up plenty of wires. Ill see if I can get a link to a site.

If your in the NYC area, the Chinatown car spots have them for 15 bucks gold

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey, yeah you will need terminals to accept your stock wiring, and obviously you'll need terminals for your system, and your accessores, go here I think this will suite your needs http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p21910004-k24-g4-~battery+terminals-nover?sourceid=3

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scorro1 on Feb/04/06 said:
You can get a battery terminal bar

Ive seen them able to hook up plenty of wires. Ill see if I can get a link to a site.

If your in the NYC area, the Chinatown car spots have them for 15 bucks gold

Any links please? Never heard of this

·
Registered
150 Posts
you ran a negative wire from negative terminal to amp? You really just need to ground to body chassis shortest possible

anyway.. I dont think you can find a terminal with that many output. The most are 1 0awg, 1 4awg, 2 8awg and possible another 4awg with ring terminal with something like this.

just connect 0 awg to alternator, 1 8awg to the abs, 1 4awg to a distribution block -> amp, and other accesories

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
northcal_teg on Feb/04/06 said:
you ran a negative wire from negative terminal to amp? You really just need to ground to body chassis shortest possible

anyway.. I dont think you can find a terminal with that many output. The most are 1 0awg, 1 4awg, 2 8awg and possible another 4awg with ring terminal with something like this.

just connect 0 awg to alternator, 1 8awg to the abs, 1 4awg to a distribution block -> amp, and other accesories

You could do a body chasis ground to amp, but i would figure you get more pure voltage from battery to amp without dealing with the body chasis. And plus i had extra terminals for the negative side :). But your logic for positive battery side seems great, i might take that route.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.