Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 96 RS, and his clutch is gone. I will be putting a new one in soon, but which kit should I get, the HDSS, or the XTSS? The car is bone stock, and will probably stay that way other than basic bolt on stuff. Which of these clutches would you choose? Both have organic discs, but one has the xtreme pressure plate, and the other has the heavy duty. I have heard ACT is the way to go so....Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, will a new flywheel be required at only 85,000 miles, or will simply resurfacing it be good enough?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
i have the ACT HDSS its a pretty good setup for just bolt ons..i've had it for the past year now with no problems what so ever. it has withstanded my 5K launches and is still gripping. resurfacing the flywheel should be fine, BUT since the tranny is already out it won't hurt to change the flywheel to a lighter one.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks for the info! I guess the xtreme is a little overboard then. What do you recommend for a lightened flywheel on a budget? Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd recommend the Comptech Lightweight Steel/Chromoly flywheel....then again, other people have other opinions too. I've just heard that the Comptech Chromoly is sweet. But it's about $400....good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts