Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here...just got a 01 LS auto (I know) a week ago. I'm not generally into Hondas...but I crashed my Maxima and was forced in one way or another to get this car. I'm getting used to it, and its not as bad as I thought...in fact I'm starting to like it. The bank gave me certain criteria to find a car cause I had a upside down balance on my Maxima and bad credit. Anyhow...this car's already got a DC header, Injen Intake and Greddy Evo catback. It's also got a Venom sticker on the 1/4 windows. I've already searched for the venom chip on this site. The thing I really hate is that this car shifts horribly soft at wot. Can anyone tell me where to locate the venom module if the car's got it? SO i'm guessing that no one's got anything good to say about this product...is there only one venom product for our cars? Thanks in advance...you guys seem like a good group. The Maxima forum wasn't that helpful...so this maybe a good change of scenery anyway.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Venom makes several different products, intake manifold, n2o kit, etc.

I believe the venom "chip", is a box "control module" that would have to be hooked up to the ECU. The ECU itself is underneith the passanger side kick panel. (right next to the passanger door).

If you pop that panel out, you should be able to follow the wiring to the module itself.

·
Registered
269 Posts
venom makes a wide variety of performance products for our cars. fuel tuning modules, injectors, fuel rails, cam gears, nitrous systems. you can click here to check thier website.

EDIT: the module itself is user conrolled through a toggle switch, it should be in an easily accessible place where it could be switched without much effort.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
perhaps at one point in time they ran venom nitrous and removed the kit? You can check under the hood. see what the wiring for the fuel injectors looks like. If there is one little slit on one wire for each fuel injector then someone had a venom nitrous kit on the car. Can't you call the previous owner?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
the reason you can't find any info on the Venom module here is because you can find better products that do the same thing and are exactly programmed to each car's unique way of breathing. I guess we don't talk about stuff that aren't worth the money when there are alternatives. We explain this in the ECU basics article here for those of you interested in learning why a Jet or Venom or ebay "best guess" chip/module doesn't gain much compared to a properly programmed ECU (done locally at your neighbourhood dyno on your car using a wideband O2 sensor).

It's worth the long drive to a "live" programmer compared to a "best guess" chip.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alot guys for the help already. You guys are definitely more informative than Maxima.org. I'll try looking abit today...I probably sound lazy...but Chicago winters man...it's cold out here! By the way...I got the car from a dealer...and I think it's co. policy not to give the previous owner info out for contact. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what this car's got. Ultimately in the long run, my goal is to get 300hp at the wheels...still doing homework on what will get this car in the low 12's. I'm gonna keep the block as long as it's running...but will do the Vtec head swap when I find a head. I'm still not sure whether to go NOS or turbo after the headswap. This car came with a Driver's Image (local Chicago tuning shop) banner on the windshield, Venom stickers on the 1/4's, and a VTEC Tuning badge on the back. It's a white 01 LS auto with a Type R wing on the back I think. 50K, like around $11K.

·
Registered
318 Posts
well....welcome to the site and good luck with the car....and start gettin that motor goin already..i wanna see that thing haul some major ass!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well...checked behind that passenger side kick panel, and didn't find anything odd to my eyes. Looked on the injector wires and didn't see any visible cuts at all. I'm really curious...cause this car seems to eat alot of gas for what it's supposed to be. I mean, these cars are supposed to be economy cars right? I'm getting about 250 miles to the tank. Granted I do drive a little spirited I guess...but man!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Just because it has a Venon Decal doesn't necessarily mean the car is equipped with something from that manufacturer. Some people put decals on just because.

250 miles a tank is about average if you ask me. Just do some search for gas mileage per gas tank and you will find similar results from teg owners.

As for the fuel injectors, I have Venom's in my car. The Venom's don't have anything to distinguish them from stock injectors really.

Don't let it get to your head.

·
Registered
580 Posts
When you get "250 miles to the tank", that means you probably put about 11 gallons in (out of a 13.2 gallon tank, the idiot light on my car comes on when you have 2+ gallons left). 11 gallons, 250 miles. 22.7MPG is pretty bad, but if you're redlining a lot, it's possible. I've gotten 28mpg on some tanks, and 24 on others. Next fill, reset your trip odometer, and at the fill after that, take the miles and divide by the amount of gas you had to put in to top off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts