Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get a different steering wheel in my teg. I use my cruise control quite often so I dont wanna get rid of it. What do my fellow TI members suggest I do with it? Horn is included in the new wheel right? Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
change tray?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
if i'm not mistaken, it's illegal to replace your stock steering wheel if you have an airbag... and to remove it is a hassle and a half.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DaBoyNBlu on Sep/21/02 said:
if i'm not mistaken, it's illegal to replace your stock steering wheel if you have an airbag... and to remove it is a hassle and a half.
I dunno...could be. What about if your bag blew? Might as well get an aftermarket wheel.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
don't know, but it just seems like one of those types of things that "if the car came with it, it's gotta keep it" kinda of like all the emissions things and all that. and all the aftermarket wheels say that it's not recommended for street cars. personally, i'd like to have an airbag; these cars are already sardine cans in a wreck, and anything helps

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yeah removing your airbag is definitely illegal... especially in CA, I'm guessing.

EDIT: if you did remove it tho, I bet you could get a pretty nice penny for it

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
first of all, removing the airbag is not as hard as everyone makes it sound. a couple fancy screws and a few wires and its out. someone told me that they could blow just by connecting them or disconnecting them. BS. also, i heard they come out at around 180 mph. i for one dont like the feeling of driving with an explosive in front of my face.

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
i want the JDM steering wheel i think its phat

·
Registered
267 Posts
spacedout on Sep/21/02 said:
i for one dont like the feeling of driving with an explosive in front of my face.
Your choice and all but... I'd rather have a bag of air (albeit an explosive one) hitting me in the face than a solid steering wheel breaking my skull.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i agree with you Chase...just get the newer JDM integra steering wheel - it includes the SRS system hookup for the airbag.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
180 mph is right, thats why you can get a bloody nose of it. But if you ask me a bloody nose is a lot better than driving you're nose into the front of you're brain on the steering wheel. Oh course if you "dont like the feeling of driving with an explosive in front of you're face" you can just brain youreself on the steering wheel. Whatever makes you feel safer.

·
Registered
153 Posts
By the way spaced out, I dont think your teg can go 180 mph. Not at all am I dissing ur teg, but the Signal Turbo Supra tops out at 198. And they have like 100k under the hood of that thing. I myself like aftermarket steering wheels but I would rather NOT sacrifice my life for a steering wheel....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
ilm98integra on Sep/22/02 said:
By the way spaced out, I dont think your teg can go 180 mph. Not at all am I dissing ur teg, but the Signal Turbo Supra tops out at 198. And they have like 100k under the hood of that thing. I myself like aftermarket steering wheels but I would rather NOT sacrifice my life for a steering wheel....
i think you missed something...the airbag comes out at the spped of 180mph not the car...onto the steering wheel, i would rater hit my head on a hrad pillow then a metal bar surrounded in leather, just go with te jdm steering wheel.

·
Registered
269 Posts
if someone can kick the front end of your car with 30 pounds of pressure then the airbag well come out. and hitting something going about 15mph want discharge your airbag.

when an airbag discharges you are in so much camotion that you dont even know it hit you until you are outa the car and seeing the white cloudy smoke. when i was in my wreck mine came out when i was going 50mpg and it smacked the sh*t outa the right side of my face and it burned like a mother f**ker for about 2hours then it went away...i didnt break anything, just bruised my knee up..

so id rather have got smacked in the face with a hard pillow then a metal bar sourrounded in leather too FlyinHighImport

1 - 16 of 16 Posts