Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin for one for my 3g. It will be supercharged -or- turbocharged, with a built bottom end, and a 100 shot. Anyone know who would import this motor?

Andrew

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Dude are you serious if you are serious than cool start looking at ardperformance.com one question do you have like $50,000 seriously thats what your gonna have to spend not to blow your car up with that set up i think 100shot with f/i may be pressing the envelope.

·
Registered
104 Posts
do a search on ebay. i found new ones w/o tranny and drive axels for about 5k. I also found used with around 20,000 miles for about 4-5k with all parts included. Just do a search. Try to find an importer that close to you because shipping will be alot

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Just get a more powerful car, dude. Anyway, if you've got money to burn, inlinefour.com has a few Type R engines with 30K miles or less for around $6K.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx everyone, didn't know they were that damn expensive, maybe i'll look in to a Supercharged GSR motor.

Andrew

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
roundle, i acknowledge that, but they are significantly less than type r motors. I figure $6k is a nice round figure for a b18c5 + s/c'er.

Andrew

and: Is 12psi a nice boost level for a supercharger?

·
Registered
185 Posts
12 PSI is too high for a supercharger. Too much heat = canceling out any additionally made horsepower...Have you researched superchargers? They aren't like turbos where you can just turn up the PSI, they involve changing belts and such. And I believe 10 PSI is the max you can run with a supercharger...it's eithe 10 or 12, someone tell me which, I can't remember.

·
Registered
879 Posts
6,000 for a JRSC and a ITR motor might buy you those parts, but then expect to spend another 6 or more on everything else you need. Standalone, clutch, lower compression pistons, new s/c pulley, you said NOS so all that NOS stuff. This is parts alone getting that installed professionally would put the cost near 20grand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts