Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my car i took off the resonator and the cat. well now my itr muffler sounds really raspy. i hear if i get a resonator to replace the one i trashed would elimate or reduce that raspy sound? should i get? if this is the case what website sells resonators

·
Registered
825 Posts
Honestly, my resonator rusted out and instead of replacing it, I just welded a piece of exhaust tubing in it's place. I couldn't hear a difference.

all stock 95 LS (original exhaust 'cept for the lack of resonator) and my exhaust tone is the same as it was 6 years ago.

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh ya, just so you guys know. i have a gsr with 2.25 inch straight with a itr muffler. damn is it loud. and for those ppl that purchase a reasonator from anybody how much did it run and which length should i go with or does it make a difference in size

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
The easiest would be to just go to a local exhaust shop should run you $40-50 installed and a glass pack will be the same thing as a resonator. Just make sure it is the same size internally as the rest of your exhause or it will have the definate possibility of hurting your performance.
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
go to magnaflows website. the resonators are the canister mufflers. for some reason they ahve them listed under muffler insted of resonator. get the product code from the site, go on google and search for that product code and you will find a few places that sell the resonators

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
just call your local shop man glass packs are pretty much all the same just call them and say you need a 2.25" glasspack/resonator

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you know what a glasspack is?
i dont think you do
im trying to make my exhaust quiter because i dont have a reasonator as of now

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I been told my a local shop (Midas) that glasspack will wear out very soon-about a year and once it wears out it sounds like total crap.... I think you should run to a local shop, i'm pretty sure they got diff size resonators that would fit your set up.

*edit* I have 2.25 straight pipe to a Hayame muffler, pretty loud, but very deep soo i dont mind, i thought about resonator

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I have stock piping with no cat witha Hayame Type 2 muffler. Sounds great nice deep throaty sound with the intake on couldnt have asked for better. But once I go up to 2.5 piping with high flow cat it will be loud so i have to find a good resonator since it is already loud with just the hayame

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
StyleTegGSR on Feb/03/04 said:
go to magnaflows website. the resonators are the canister mufflers. for some reason they ahve them listed under muffler insted of resonator. get the product code from the site, go on google and search for that product code and you will find a few places that sell the resonators
A resonator and muffler are the same thing.

The "resonators" are the round body mufflers.

I have the stainless 4" round, 14" length one. Hytech actually used this resonator in his earlier catbacks.

Yes size, specifically length, does matter. The longer, the quieter it will be. I'd suggest using the 22" aluminized one. SMSP used this one on his old catbacks. I don't know if you'd be able to fit a 6" round one though.

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thx you guys, ill most likely get the magnaflow reasonator from a local shop in town. most of the shops carry there stuff anyways thx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts