Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin to finally build up my engine for boost.

Just need some help on where to actually purchase all the components for a motor build for the best price.

Looking for

-pistons
-rods
-head studs and rod bolts
-sleeves

and anything else you can think of to build for over 400whp on a daily driven car

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not doin the work myself, and on pistons...just need something that barely drops stock compression (9.5:1) but is capable of my power goals (over 400whp)

Rods im thinking crower

And about ib...I'm already gettin my kit from john...so i really don't wanna pay upwards of 10k for a built turbo motor, and it doesnt even have everything I need.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahh just found something awesome....a fully built and bored 2.0L gsr block w/ pistons and rods, balanced and polished crank, new bearings and everything for $3950 shipped.

Could I just bolt my stock gsr head up to that block and be ready to go?

EDIT: it comes w/ either a 9.4:1 or 10:1 cr piston...should I go w/ 10:1 so it doesn't lag so much off of boost? I will be going for hopefully upwards of 400whp possibly 500, and i'll be tuning w/ aem ems

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
4 grand just sounds like an awful lot for some reason. i'm thinking, for that price, you can get dart block with nice internals for that price.

unless they're ripping on the labor for that 4 grand block.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well the reason im likin ib's block is because it's already sleeved (2.0L) w/ fully forged internals, new bearings, new oil and water pumps, and it doesn't require a core exchange. So i could basically buy their block, and my car would only be down for one day for the install (all i can afford to have it down)

I might be getting a deal from dh-racing.com to where I won't have to exchange my core and i'll be gettin a discount from one of our ti members

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.