Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, time has come for me to make my decision. Im looking at getting a JDM SiR-G. Now where should I buy from. Im looking at these places(if you have other places let me know, or other places iwth good deals does not have to be a jdm gsr)

PasswordJDM
-$3000 for complete swap or $3300 with LSD, which I am really thinking about, is it worth it? Plus shipping. Id imagine shipping is no more then $200

TotalJDM
-$3150 for complete swap, LSD +$400 and shipping is $150

Ebay
-$3300 shipped, complete swap. +$300 for LSD.

Also found JDM Theory which wants $3000 for the complete swap + shipping.

Then there is
Local
Which I am considering due to the fact that they are somewhat local.

The last one, ebay guy has good rating on his sales. Aside from price, passwordJDM seems to be the best, has anyone heard anything bad about any of these, and how is the quality. I want to make sure I get a Grade A motor, not one that has been beat, accidents, etc. I read one post about a guy being unsatisfied with PasswordJDM, but that was with a front end conversion. If you are going to tell me something let me know if you had direct experience or if 'you heard' some story about them.

Thing is with the LSD is it would put me in a different race class and I plan on autoXing a lot so Im debating it, I don't want to be racing guys with awesome cars and awesome skills quite yet.

·
Registered
150 Posts
J-Spec Auto Sports

they're based in Canada, but shipping includes all brokerage fees and stuff like that... also listed in canadian prices, so you'd have to do conversion, or email for final price..

but I know of one guy who got one locally and he's more than happy with the service + his engine..

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just checked out hmotorsonline. All the prices seem to be in teh same price range, maybe give or take $50, so it really just comes down to who has the best reputation and most referals. As for the install Im doing it myself with a friend.

J-Spec seems reasonable as well.

I guess Ill be making a lot of phone calls tomorrow. Anyone have any suggestions what to ask to see who gets my business. There all basically the same, I can see what the warranty is, but its probably just a startup warranty.
Maybe they can get me pictures of the actual motor, or if they can get compression tests done of the actual motor Ill go with them, but I doubt they will do that.

EDIT - JSPEC has compression tests which they also give you, point for them Ill see what the others can do.

·
Registered
860 Posts
don't mean to jack a thread here, but I'm looking for a used transmission, and I figured I might have better luck by looking for jdm ones (plan on doing a rebuild to one). All these only stores don't sell transmissions seperately, and I'm not really interested in a swap since I already havea b18c1 motor :)

Ogi

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats what im trying to find out which are good. Seems like they all have vouches from different people, Im goin to call those tomorrow and get info see whose the most helpful.

Mailman call them though, they may have some trannys laying around but don't feel like having them take up time and space on their site.

·
Registered
860 Posts
good call on calling them... best of luck on your swap, let me know about your experiances with all these companies.

just noticed that totaljdm.com is out of canada as well.

Ogi

·
Registered
903 Posts
id rather spend a couple hundred bucks more and get it local.. that way if you have any problems they are right there. ask if they have like any warranties or anything like that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i bought my JDM swap from totaljdm.com....well the engine runs awesome right now i love it but every seal had to be reaplaced and just about everything else on the engine...put about $500 into it to be like new

1 - 15 of 15 Posts