Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no credit card and want to know where canadians buy clay magic. The local Canadian Tire only has Mother's and Meguries.

Also...I bought a buffer and want to know what is a good wax system that's easy apply with step to step instructions that I can pick up locally.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Well, since you have to shop locally then I'd suggest hunting down some Meguiar's products. NXT would be an excellent choice if you can find it up there. Its marketed for consumers so it should start to show up in places you would normally find wax at. Meguiar's Gold Class would be another great option. Forget the buffer though. You don't need it to apply wax. It will be safer for your car to just apply it by hand. You get no benefit from applying wax by buffer other than the fact that it may make the job go faster. The downside is that you could really mess up your paint. Take the buffer back and do it by hand.

As for Clay Magic, I have no idea. Its available at AutoZone in the states but I don't know if you have those up there. Do you have a paypal account? www.premiumautocare.com takes paypal and can ship to Canada if you need to order from them. Plus you get the 10% TI discount.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jngrdrbman,

How does the mothers and meguries clay bar compare to clay magic?

And as for meguries gold class, should I use a pre wax and what should I seal it with?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Mother's is pretty good, but the Meguiar's clay isn't all that hot. I've found that it gets kind of crumbly and that's not good. Get the Mother's one if you can find it. Shoot for clay magic though. That is where the good stuff is.

You don't seal waxes. Waxes are too oily to have anything else on top of it. Usually you use a sealant and then top it with a wax. Gold Class is a little too high on the solvent side to top anything with really. Its almost more of a cleaner wax if you want to know the truth. Its a darn nice wax, but not good for topping things. Just use it all by itself. Put a coat on like once a month and it will make you very happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts