Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ho! howzit? just wondering where all the hawaii members stay at! i'm relatively new to the board and haven't noticed any activity in the dedicated hawaii forum. just wanted to say whats up to the TI members in hawaii! anybody interested in organizing a meet? we need to post a meet for TI Hawaii...

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
whats up tihawaii. I'm moving to hawaii in oct so have the meet after then- heh. Oh yeah you better believe the Tegs coming with me... couldn't bare to leave it behind.

Anyway... yeah this Hawaii forum is dead so that's kinda sad to see. Our ohio forum is pretty big with lots of active members. we had a meet in May which was pretty damn sweet. Something like 20 tegs throughout the day.

hopefully something like that could be arranged out there. Compared to ohio- Hawaii is a mecca of import enthusiasts (We got all tons of the ford and chevy plants up north).

um... recon sucks... I'm f**ked but oh well- guess I will have to change some things. What insurance carrier does everyone have? I want to get something to cover my aftermarket parts like I have here.
later
-----MARK-----

edit: I'll be staying in either aiea or mililani.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, welcome in advance meconfu5ed. i'd like to arrange a meet here. i keep checking out the articles about ti-meets elsewhere and think we should have one to put hawaii on the TI map! my teg is barely modified but i'd just like to get all us TI members in hawaii together...seems like hella fun.

as for insurance i have progressive. they have "additional custom parts or equipment coverage."when you purchase collision or comprehensive coverage for a vehicle they provide $1000 of coverage for custom parts or equipment. you can purchase coverage for declared values from $1000-$5000 in increments of $500.

(i have the exact details of what defines "additional custom parts or equipment coverage" meconfu5ed if you want it.)

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
hey- I talked to AIG and they wanted $1700 for every 6 months with no aftermarket coverage. That's almost twice what I pay here. I knew insurance in Hawaii SHOULD be cheaper since you have a law against age/sex discrimination when factoring insurance premiums. I also have no previous infractions or accidents.

I also talked to Progressive today after someone reccommended them on forumshawaii. on the phone progressive offered a $1381/year premium with $4000 of aftermarket coverage. They told me thats the highest they offer in Hawaii b/c I did ask for $5000 worth.

They told me on the phone that anything bolted to the car is covered by the "aftermarket stuff". Ie rims, CAI, Exhaust, headers, speakers, headunits, amps... but not portable cd players, cds, tapes, laptop computers etc (some people don't realize this but these items are usually covered by your home insurance).

anyways- thanks for the welcome... I hope you have a meet after I get there so I can meet some people. I lived there for 2 months last summer so I sorta know my way around... been to the clubs with the few people I do know... I'm excited to be coming back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i stay in Salt Lake, but I'm moving to Wahiawa really soon, i got Geico and it's under my parents name so it's a lot cheaper instead of how much it would be for me (because of my age), but ya let's get a meet going soon. Btw until you get recon, don't even attempt to drive down Waikiki or Ala Moana, they busted my friend the other day for no recon, tint, and license plate being below 12" to the ground.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just trying to revive the hawaii forum for the few hawaii members we have....
so...is anybody interested in a TI Hawaii meet. We need to put hawaii on the TI map.
BTW Meconfu5ed, you still in Ohio or have you moved to hawaii? Late everybody.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
1 - 20 of 85 Posts