Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to be puting in neons in my 98 teg. i need a good place to put the toggle switch. PLease help.

My toggle switch is an led one, so it does not fit in the little things next to the e-brake

This is what it looks like, but more green

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
sorce_money on Mar/21/04 said:
i would put it right by the e. brake in one of the 4 little "slots" there. they just pop right out.
same thing..pop out one of those slots and drill a hole through it then put it back in..tada..new switch.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are you dumb please listen, the toggle switch is an led switch. the box connected to the switch part (with the ground on it) that box is too big for me to drill a hole in those things. its not going to fit behind it so i can drill a hole. you know what im saying

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Mayhem000 on Mar/21/04 said:
are you dumb please listen, the toggle switch is an led switch. the box connected to the switch part (with the ground on it) that box is too big for me to drill a hole in those things. its not going to fit behind it so i can drill a hole. you know what im saying
No...you're the one missing it. Pop it out, run a switch. LED switch or not, you can put a lot of switches in those spots if you massage them w/a drill.

Are you using a relay? If you're not, I suggest investigating that. Oh...and don't bite the hands that feeds you.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
i like the idea of hinding switchs, looks cleanner. Maybe put it in your glove box

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
In Reply To cheezthis:
Quote: Mayhem000 on Mar/21/04 are you dumb please listen, the toggle switch is an led switch. the box connected to the switch part (with the ground on it) that box is too big for me to drill a hole in those things. its not going to fit behind it so i can drill a hole. you know what im saying

No...you're the one missing it. Pop it out, run a switch. LED switch or not, you can put a lot of switches in those spots if you massage them w/a drill.

Are you using a relay? If you're not, I suggest investigating that. Oh...and don't bite the hands that feeds you.

Exactly no reason to be a prick when people are trying to help
.  They could have easilly called you an idiot or a moron or any other combination for even needing to ask.

·
Registered
662 Posts
first off you guys dont know how big the switch is so you cant comment and tell him it will fit if he thinks it wont. MY led switch is the size of all four of the pop out pieces around the ebrake combine so no it def wouldnt be about massaging a drill in there. id suggest mounting it near little piece where your fuse box map is its right under the steering column thats where i put mine cause it def wouldnt look right anywhere else and be "reachable"

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
pyrot40 on Mar/21/04 said:
first off you guys dont know how big the switch is so you cant comment and tell him it will fit if he thinks it wont. MY led switch is the size of all four of the pop out pieces around the ebrake combine so no it def wouldnt be about massaging a drill in there. id suggest mounting it near little piece where your fuse box map is its right under the steering column thats where i put mine cause it def wouldnt look right anywhere else and be "reachable"
yea well there's no reason for dickface to reply by calling me an idiot..maybe he should've been alittle more specific...f**king douche bag!!

don't question my advice...nobody said i was getting paid to shed my light on the situation. you want it done professionally, go to a dealer and pay them to give you "correct" answers.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Will you all grow the hell up! My god!
Negativity does NOT warrant Negativity.
This isnt the TI DayCare Center.

This isnt where this post need to be going.
And you all are going to wind up getting it deleted/locked.

Personally, for your switch, I would (with it in your hand) move it around different areas of your interior and mentally guess if you would feel like reaching there to switch it on or off. Then, when you find some good spots, check it for clearance. Then set it up. Systems with a remote would def be a option to look into if you have the wallet for it.

And for those of you who 'tried' I guess to help. If you didnt get the feedback you wanted, then dont help in the future but keep the negative comments to yourself please. on everyones part.

- Josh

·
Registered
937 Posts
if u have a space under your radio...aka that flat black piece or like...the compartment thing...you can like fit it in there. alot of people have custom mounted switches in that spot.u can also just run wires to the center console drawer thing...the compartment behind the ebrake...just run wires into it if you wanna hide it. or same thing to the glove box...just a question...why would you get a switch as large as 4 of those ebrake console things?

·
Registered
662 Posts
it came with my kit its more or less a control unit stitch for the intercat 10 dances my neons can do and it houses like 15 low light red leds to tell me what my neons are doing. Its a bad ass switch.

·
Registered
349 Posts
broinkrist on Mar/21/04 said:
if u have a space under your radio...aka that flat black piece or like...the compartment thing...you can like fit it in there. alot of people have custom mounted switches in that spot.
That's what i would say... it looks really good when it's done...

·
Registered
662 Posts
here you go i moved it and put it here just to make the pic taking easier haha i normally have it where i said though right where the fuse guide is.

This is when the switch is on but not flashing or anything cause I didnt think the camera could catch it in the middle.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
I'd put that under the dash or in the glovebox.

And that's not an "led toggle switch",

Note that it's A: a toggle switch, and B: has an LED built into it.

This on the other hand is an led rocker switch

The thing you have is more like a mini control unit that happens to have the on/of switch on it.

So in the future, when someone gives you an answer, dont say things like "no, you're not getting it", because the one who doesnt get it may be you.

·
Registered
851 Posts
cheezthis on Mar/22/04 said:
Yeah...what brit said is correct.

As far as where to put that massive contraption, beats me. Be creative. I'd personally find it distracting if it were in peripheral vision while driving, so I'd put it someplace hidden. Do what you want though, it's your car.
I have that same box on my underbody. I mounted mine inside the center console armrest, but you can no longer put stuff in there... Another option is to take out the ash tray to the left of the steering wheel column and try to squeeze it in there. Or put it on the side of the center console just to the right of the drivers knee with 2 sided tape (or back of center console above ash tray).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts