Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Well then follow the directions on how to tolerance the case to the diff.

You may need to cut webbing out of the inside depending on the LSD you get.

You'll also need to put your ring gear on the LSD. Some ring gears are different than others. I honestly cant remember which ones with less bolts are in which transmission types.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
96teggiehatch on Sep/25/07 said:
just go find a trans that already has lsd. Save you time and money. LSD's itself already run about 900 bux.

To the OP, please ignore this response.

An OEM ITR LSD can be found for around $350. If you were to buy an LSD tranny, you would have to drop the original tranny to begin with. After dropping the tranny, it is less than 1 hour install the new dif. How is that losing time and money?

Quote: JDMB18DB8 on Sep/25/07 yea i have the helms....but i have an ls....lol
You can put an OEM ITR LSD into an LS tranny you just need both the GSR/ITR ring gear and countershaft? How do I know this? I am running a GSR dif/countershaft in an LS tranny.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
And to the original poster, the best write up around is in the Helms. I recommend getting one to ANYBODY regardless of mechanical experience. You will make your money back on labor saved in NO time, I guarantee it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a bunch of pictures of a halfway done tranny project writeup that you can look at. I dont have text or anything but it is pretty complete all the way down to taking the GSR diff out.

I put an ITR lsd into my GSR tranny. I bought the thing from a shop on ebay so it came with the new cartridge bearings which is all you need to do a straight swap into a GSR tranny (besides measuring and finding the right shim.) So don't be be concerned with other people's banter about what you can and cannot do. The tranny has been running strong for over 20k. Just make sure you shim it right (that is really the only technical spec work you need to accomplish.) and you just need to get a set of feeler guages and then order the correct shim from honda according to the corresponding code you get from the helms.

give me your email and i will see what i can do to send you those pics and an online helms manual.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Didnt realize it was an LS tranny. But the B series diffs will fit into any B series tranny's. There are only minor variations from tranny to tranny (synchros and ratios and such) the nuts and bolts are pretty much interchangable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.