Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys, I'm new to the ti forum but I was wondering how could I repair the rust on my car what should I wire brush what should I sand and does anything need cutting and rewelding please help this is urgent because I'm getting the car repainted and dropping a k20 in it soon

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,010 Posts
I'm sorry, I don't know how to help with rust but I will try to help you with posting on forums

The topic "calling all DA owners" has absolutely nothing to do with your issue, use the thread topic to get to the point (like I changed it to).

Second, why limit yourself to just 2nd generation with a "calling" of DA owners? You need help removing/fixing ruse spots? Rust exists in a hell of a lot more cars than 90-93 models, wouldn't you want to maximize your chances of getting someone to help you than thinking it has to be a DA owner?

With all that pointed out, i hope it helps you in the future.

For fixing rust, YouTube'r "ChrisFix" is an excellent channel and he has a great video on getting started

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
Luckily that doesnt look too terrible. I would start with a wire wheel attachment for a drill and burn through that rust to see how long it takes to get to good metal. With any luck, there wont be any perforations in the metal and then you can rustproof it, primer and repaint. Unfortunately with rust, its one of those things that until you do some "exploring" you really wont know what you're in for or the extent of the repair necessary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
androsk
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing