Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry... i didnt know where to post this... but....

My DA had like 400k+ miles and decided to take a huge **** on me... been searching google and doing what i can to see where i can find a legit shop that can do me a nice clean Kswap... can't seem to find one..

I'm in Arizona. 2 hours away from San Diego... or 2 Hours away from Phoenix. let me know what's good =D ty:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Doing a k swap isn't easy. Do yourself and do a google search on how to do it

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have researched for a long time because i wanted to do it but i didnt go for it. It isnt super hard but you can easily spend 5K-6K. once you get passed drilling out the spot welds and removing the B series tranny mount you gotta drill holes to bolt up the new mount then put the motor in but you still gotta worry about few delivery and fuel return set up. then you need a header a harness if your swap comes with one axles the list goes on and on and on. I am not saying its not worth it but it is a lot more involved then a B series swap. K20a.org is a really great source though man honestly thats where i learned everything check it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it 400k miles on the original motor?
if so, what's your secret?
:cool: a car wash, oil changes, tune ups, belt changes, valve gaskets, flushes, just simply take of it :cool:

Damn fellas thanks for the great info.. but my wifey and i got a condo with no garage and i got no time if i don't have at least that... So.. looks like i'll be getting another b18... or pay a legit shop to actually do the swap for me...always kinda dreamt about having a Kswap daily... make it last for 10 years and get some Classic/Antique License plates... hahahah

1 - 10 of 10 Posts