Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am having the weird noise problem at 3000rpm, and I know its the heat shield thats causing the problem...but where exactly is this heat shield??
the noise seems to come from the enging compartment....?

And recently started this month, my gas milelage became extremely low..like 250 on full tank....so i figure is the o2 sensor...so I bought a new o2 sensor...but I dunnot where is it located...so can someone please tell me where it is?

also what other issues might cause low mileage...also sometimes my car can't start...like the engine just chokes and stop rite after the engine starts....but only happen like once a week..

:) thanks for help..

i have a 1994 integra, gs-r. with 150,000 milese...

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
on a '94 GS-R the o2 sensor is going to be in the Catalytic converter. Notice according to the diagram that on other models it is in the header. The '94-'99 GS-Rs have a longer cat with o2 sensor at the beginning of the cat.

I hope that made sense, I'm tired after working all night.

This diagram has more than one use.

·
Registered
655 Posts
walay on Sep/21/02 said:
Hi, I am having the weird noise problem at 3000rpm, and I know its the heat shield thats causing the problem...but where exactly is this heat shield??
the noise seems to come from the enging compartment....?

And recently started this month, my gas milelage became extremely low..like 250 on full tank....so i figure is the o2 sensor...so I bought a new o2 sensor...but I dunnot where is it located...so can someone please tell me where it is?

also what other issues might cause low mileage...also sometimes my car can't start...like the engine just chokes and stop rite after the engine starts....but only happen like once a week..

:) thanks for help..

i have a 1994 integra, gs-r. with 150,000 milese...
heh heh. sorry man, that's kind of funny. you know the noise is the heat shield but you don't know where it's located at. So if I told you the heat shield was located in the trunk (no it's not) you would still say, "I know it's the heat shield". just playin man.

removal of the heat shield is a good idea IF it's making noise like you're saying (in my opinion). Or re-bend it if you can and have a friend rev light to medium while you "re-shape" it lightly to keep it from vibrating. It's there for a reason so if you can avoid removing you should. I took mine off too though, after my header and exhaust install. Haven't had any problems. Just be cautious. Good luck!

·
Registered
655 Posts
the one that rattled a little for me after my exhaust install was directly over the cat. real small. held in by 3 bolts I think. somewhere between 9-11 mm.

if it's that one, go under there with socket wrench and an extension or two, a 9, 10, or 11 mm cause I forget which it was. careful though!! if it's hot the bolts will be malleable (sp?) and also, theie location is bad anyhoo. mine were rusted and I almost stripped them getting them off, take your time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts