Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've ran my gas tank almost to the red line right above the "E" and still haven't had the light come on. do you have to run it all the way to the line for it to come on?

·
Registered
461 Posts
mine comes on when i have 3 gallons left in the tank. i can usually run about another 80 miles without worring about running out if need be

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Light comes on when I'm about 10 gallons from full which means about 3 are left. Our tanks hold 50 liters or 13.2 gallons. When you hit the red line, you have 2-3 gallons left.

To tell how much gas you have left when your light comes on, just wait for it to come on, fill up your gas tank, and subtract however much you put in from 13.2.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Louse76 on Aug/13/02 said:
Light comes on when I'm about 10 gallons from full which means about 3 are left. Our tanks hold 50 liters or 13.2 gallons. When you hit the red line, you have 2-3 gallons left.

To tell how much gas you have left when your light comes on, just wait for it to come on, fill up your gas tank, and subtract however much you put in from 13.2.
i put 9.5 gallons in today, and the light still didn't come on.

back to my original question. where is the needle on the gas gauge when the light comes on?

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Mine comes on right about when it hits the red. Actually right now I have about 305 miles on my car, it came on right before 300 which is just tapping the redline. It will go to like 380 at least

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Well, the "idiot light" as you call it comes on with about a 1/4 of the tank left. It comes on with more than 3 gallons left... 13.2/4=3.3. No need to refill any sooner, or are we just a bunch of dumb dumb idiots?

EDIT: I was joking about the "are we a bunch of idiots" part, meant to include
!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
yes but what louse is sayin is that when the needlse is on the redline of E there is still 3.3 gallons left. which is just about a quarter of a take. so you really arent letting it get low if you let the "idiot light" come on

·
Registered
153 Posts
Very simple solution. When your tank approaches E fill up a gas can, put it in your trunk and drive until you run out of gas. Then you will know exactly how many miles you can get after the "idiot light" comes on.

Legal Disclaimer: I am in no way stating that running your car until there is no gas left is a good idea. I am merely stating that if you feel you can safely run the risk of driving your car until it no longer runs due to a lack of gasoline, then the simplest solution would be to carry some with you to get you to a gas station. And you will have your answer.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Mine is exactly 1.5 gallons...I never put in more than $10 so it is always at E...

·
Registered
247 Posts
lol seriously guys.. I just fill up my gas tank when I get to 1/2 full. That still gives me about 200 miles per fill which is more than I used to get in my jeep.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts