Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason i ask this is because i found some AWESOME diagnostic software for the integra but the guy said it was for 96 and up. I thought there was no difference between a 94 and a 96 so i questioned him on it and he sent me this email in return:

Hi Joe:
Does your '94 Integra have the same 16 pin diagnostic connector as a '96 does?

By '96 it was mandatory to have obd 2 in all manufactures cars that came to North America.

Does the connector look like the one in the picture?
below is the picture he sent me so my question to some knowlageable person is would this be in my 94 LS?

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
well my car is 4 stories down so i can't look, but

94 & 95 tegs = OBD-I
96+ tegs = OBD-II

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
94 and 95 G3 tegs are OBD 1. 96 and up G3 tegs have OBD 2. the software you found will not work on your car because it is OBD 1. For more information on the differences between OBD 1 and OBD 2 do a search beacuse this has been talked about many times and you will find alot on this. Also try ECU as a search word.

Edit: Damn you quickdraw LT.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
okay i looked, obd-I (94/95) only have 8-pins

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks LT

sucks u cant use this software because its amazing, in fact i think its the exact program thats brian uses on the eclipse (you know where it says DANGER manifold preassure!! and he closes his laptop) in the first race scene

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Do you have URL/Phone number/more information on the software by chance?

Not too impressed it was in the fast in the furious, but it still seams worth while to look into.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
hold up..looking at the picture of the obd-2...is the obd-1 connector here?:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts