Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Like tires that are all the same size. Like 205-40-17.

Double check the offset while you're at it. The RX-7 is RWD and traditionally RWD cars have a different offset that FWD cars, so smaller tires might not even work.

·
Registered
2000 GS-R
725 Posts
What is the offset & width? (It's usually stamped somewhere) I would try to stay near +45 offset & 7" to 7.5" wide.
As far as the tires go, those are way too friggin' big. Try some 205/40-17 or maybe 215/40-17. No other sizes will work very well on a 17" rim.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Zuul on Feb/11/06 said:
What is the offset & width? (It's usually stamped somewhere) I would try to stay near +45 offset & 7" to 7.5" wide.
As far as the tires go, those are way too friggin' big. Try some 205/40-17 or maybe 215/40-17. No other sizes will work very well on a 17" rim.
Not sure, but I'll check.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Usually the widest tire you can go is a 205, many people on the site have had rubbing issues with 215, the 205's on my 16's don't rub at all, but they are 16s made for FWD, not sure if it would be the same for you.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
on an Integra you should be running 205/40/17 to keep the OD the same so your speedometer is accurate. Too bad the auction doesn't state the offset of the wheels to determine if that is part of the problem or not. on the backside of the wheel try seeing if it says the offset of the wheel. It should say like +35 or +40 for example. Also what is the width on those wheels? Im guessing it is 17x7 although I could be wrong since they are coming off of an RX-7.

·
Registered
327 Posts
2nd Gen Rx7 Turbo are sick.....
I would know cause i own one. =P good luck with sell

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
He doesn't need a wheel spacer. That would just push the wheel/tires out farther causing more fender rub

Bottom line is, if you are still running the tires that came with the wheels, they are too wide and tall. Get the proper size. The offset probably isn't your problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.