Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the time has come for me to get off my butt and make my wheels look nice.

I dont have the cash to buy new wheels and since i just put new yokos on in february (love them too) im going to paint mine.

I also plan to paint the calipers the same day too. I have a 95 black gsr (fat fives) and i plan to paint the calipers gold or bronze, so what color should i paint the wheels

one person told me to not paint them , just sand and clear coat them again and leave them silver-- i do love the way they look when i polish them too ... shine really nice against the black.

ive also seen graphite and bronze wheels, i think that gold or bronze calipers would be hidden again behind the wheel if it was teh same color... any suggestions people. THANKS

EDIT* sorry computer sux and digicam down so no pics but i think we all know what a black integra with fat fives looks like

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I think a bronze wheel with bronze calipers topped with a light coat of gold (just to offset a tad) would look really nice. Not a huge fan of all gold wheels though. In the end it's your call

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think bronze would be nice but I have yet to see any sprayed ones that look right.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
i think the rims should be a different color from the calipers to make each stand out, but still match. I'm gonna say black on the rims with gold calipers and if you wanna go with 90_integrals's idea, maybe add a very fine mist of gold or bronze to the black rims... that'll add a very nice custom touch, how good it looks just depends on how evenly you can mist it on there

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think im leaning towards a light gunmetal color....
not that dark more like a dark silver?.... maybe hyperblack-- but gotta find the right paint

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I would go with red calipers and a gunmetal rim. I painted my blades metallic gunmetal grey. They turned out great I think if i would paint the calipers red it would really stand out and look good. Ive got alot of compliments on the rims. I will have to get some pics up as imagestation doesnt work anymore. Ill post some in a few.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I just put two coats of wax on my 2001 GSR. The car looks fantastic, but my wheels really look like crap, even though I waxed them. The clear coat is scratched to crap, and there is quite a bit of curb damage (thanks, stupid female friends).

Is there a company that provides wheel REfinishing? I think I need more than just paint. Any idea what this might cost?

Also, unless your calipers are real big boys (Brembos), I'd stick with black or silver paint.

·
Registered
801 Posts
roundle on Apr/07/04 said:
Is there a company that provides wheel REfinishing? I think I need more than just paint. Any idea what this might cost?
Powdercoat them. I believe the range is about $35 a tire or so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts