Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying some wheel locks and was wondering if anyone had any words of advice on which ones are best... also, does anyone make black wheel locks? I just got some black rota's and chrome locks will prolly look silly..

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
I've seen Black anodized wheel locks at Pepboys one time.
You might want to drop by if you have one in your area and ask if they could special order some. If you don't want people to jack your rims go with two different sets.

·
Registered
296 Posts
If someone really wants to get the wheels off they will, they even have special wheel lock removal sockets that aren't that hard to find at a tools distributor(snap-on,matco, or any place like that). They destroy the locks most of the time but i don't think they would really care do you?

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
It doesn't make sense to use two different locks... If they can get one, they can get the other.

Get gorillas.

·
Registered
551 Posts
my dad has 2 types of wheel locks on 2 of his cars.. one of them are cheap looking "goriila" locks or something.. where the ouside of the lugnut jsut spins freely.. looks like it could be just popped off.. the other ones look more reliable.. there perfectly round with 4 different designs on each wheellock .. u have to have a special end to go on them to get them off...

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Gorilla locks are pieces of crap. No one ever asked for my key whenever I had any wheel/tire work done. I don't think you'll really find any wheel locks that will completely protect you. McGuards are the only locks I've ever had any wheel/tire shop ask for my key to remove them though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Usew the Gorillas.
Yeah a shop can take them off, but you need an airgun to do it. Does a theif in the parking lot have an airgun with him and a compressor? Probably not.

Stay away from the black ones, they are most likely anodized ALUMINUM. Those can be chiseled off, get some steel ones.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah, I think McGuards are pretty good. It'll give the thief a harder time to steal your rims. As for the Gorillas....piece of crap...don't even consider it.

The reson for two sets of locks is time. Now....lets say a thief sees several car..one with NO locks, one with one set of lock, and another with two sets of locks. HMmmmmm...which one do you think the thief would attempt to steal first???

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
AcuraRacing on Aug/10/02 said:
The reson for two sets of locks is time. Now....lets say a thief sees several car..one with NO locks, one with one set of lock, and another with two sets of locks. HMmmmmm...which one do you think the thief would attempt to steal first???
exactly, it's common sense.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
well thief arnt that dumb. If there were several cars with wheels you must be at a parking lot. In that case a theft would just take your whole car if they wanted the wheels you have. If your car is parked at home they usually would take there time so having different wheel locks wouldnt matter. all they would do is jam the socket in the wheel lock and turn thats how most autoshop do it when people dont bring in there wheel lock socket. Doesnt take that long to do it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Oo9o9xAzNoO on Aug/10/02 said:
no matter what lock you have, people still will jack your car no matter what if they want too.
Exactly. That's why I never lock my car doors, and just leave valuables out in the open for anyone passing by. After all, if they want it, they can get it no matter what you do. I also never lock my house, and I even have a helpful list posted on my front door of all the valuables in my house, just in case any thieves come by. It makes it easier on them, since they'll just take it no matter what if they want to. Security? Who needs it...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts