Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I installed my JRSC 2 weeks ago along with the JR FMU, fuel pump and set the timing to 8. Every time the car saw boost it would bog down. So i installed my air/fuel gauge and found out that it was running lean (surprise). So i just installed the JR map controller, and set the timing to 12. I went out and tested the car and it still is running lean under boost. Any suggestions on what to try next. It's driving me crazy to have a supercharger and not be able to use it. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
air/fuel gauge does nothing. MAP mod doesn't do you much in the form of upping your timing.

What you really need to do is get a boost gauge to see if its even boosting. Second, get a fuel pressure gauge and make sure you fuel pressure is not set too high. It usually is. My car use to bog down a lot but the fiddling with the fuel pressure made my car more driveable.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed my fuel pressure gauge and the idel pressure is at 84lbs!!!. When i rev the engine it goes down to about 78lbs. What could be the problem? Is the fuel pressure regulator stuck open. It is the jackson one.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually just spoke to him on the phone earlier today. He told me to try to loosen the screw on the top of the fmu to lower the pressure. I did that but there was no change in pressure. I called him back and he said that i probably have a bad fmu. I'm gonna open it up tonight to see if there is an obvious problem, otherwise he suggested to just buy a new one.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Is the pressure not changing because you had the vacumm line still on the FMU? You have to take it off to see the changes. If you have the vacumm hose on, then regardless of how much you turn it, the pressure will not change.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea i plugged the vacumm line with a golf tee and loosened the screw on the fmu but nothing changed on the fuel pressure gauge.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why the hell would i get it professionally installed? I don't know about you but i enjoy working on my car. I already have the problem fixed and the car is running perfect and i learned a hell of a lot more by doing it myself then handing some guy money to do it. By the way i could probably afford to buy your car from you, money isn't the problem.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
98Integra on Oct/11/02 said:
BlackGSR was just giving you a tip, although somewhat blunt, don't be so quick to jump down someone's throat ZEX
i'm with zex on this one... too much money to let them screw it up; it's not their car, they don't care... also, i don't take tips from people who thinks their shocks are spelled tokiko "or something like that"

i had the same problem, and after some tapping and fiddling, i got my JR FPR unstuck, had my timing at 12, and the map controller all installed, and now i don't run lean anywhere, and it's smooth transition to boost. you can advance you timing because the map controller richens up the dangerous part--tip in boost--which is why jackson has you set it so retarded to begin with. also pull the screw out some on the FPR and get the pressured down, and possibly a new fuel pump to be on the safe side

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
T94ls,daboynblu:
After installing a cartech 2025 and map controller and checking my fuel lines 100 times, i spoke to jim at motovation motorsports and he told me that there is a small washer on the fuel rail that i could have messed up when i put it back on the car. Since your fuel pump pumps in spurts you need something to make a steady flow of fuel into the fuel rail. That is what this washer does. Jim told me that it is really called a banjo bolt crush fitting. It looks just like a washer with 4 small pieces comming off the inside of it. Sorry, it's hard to explain. Anyway when i put the big nut on the end of the rail i put it on to tight and screwed up the washer. After i got a new one from the dealership and installed it the car ran great.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm with Zex on this as well!! Congrates on the successful install. I'd also like to know what the problem was.

Oh, and by the way, Blackassgsr was not giving a tip, he was making a comment that wasn't necessary.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts