Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering buying this 2001 GS-R....just wondering what you guys think about it.

From the original posting:

Note: oNE of the HID Ballasts is out, and the Optional Sides are gone. He's asking 9K.

its a 2001 GS-R...black with black interior, type r lip kit all the way around and type r wing .. it has 68k miles on it jdm cluster with matching kilos, . kamakazie (sp?) headers , dont know the name of the intake , jackson racing super charger,b16 tranny with brand new stage 4 comp clutch and lightweight flywheel only about 200 miles , recently had a tune up new ngk plugs , new wires, msd cap and rotor and msd coil blaster, bmw 5 series retro hids, skunk2 cat back, tein flex full coil overs , skunk2 front and rear camber kit , new brembro rotors with hawk pads and russell ss brake lines, 16in bronze work emotions w/falken gr beta tires 205/45/16 . skunk2 shift knob .l..will also include hondata s200 w/boost

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nate2k5 on Sep/03/07 said:
might be a good idea to includea year

D'OH!
Fixed!

That's what happens when you copy/paste from another post!

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well....I think it's just INCLUDING an s200....I KNOW it's not installed. It's on the JR FMU...not an s200. So, it needs to be tuned & injectors installed.

I went and drove it, it ran like total ass.....turns out the issue was the plugs. I Had him take it to a shop to have it looked at and do a comp/leakdown test. The numbers came back:

Cylinder -1234
Compression: 208, 216, 218, 215
Leakdown:5%, 1%, 1%, 2%

It sounds like the Comp test was done w/o the throttle being open. The #'s LOOK low, but there's seemingly no other reason for that b/c the leakdown #s look really good.

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
arexniba on Sep/03/07 said:
If i were you, you should go to the shop he took it to and talk 1on1 with the mechanic/owner of the shop and see what they tell you about the car. Just go there privately and see what they update you about the car's progress.
I got all those numbers from the shop, myself. He told me the shop he took it to, and I talked to she shop first hand. They gave it a once over for me, and everything looked good. This is the shop that has worked on it for the life of the car. The guy I'm thinking of buying from is the 2nd owner. The 1st owner was the one that put the JRSC on it (this shop did the work--they said they saw it once a mo while the original owner had it -- and only thing that current owner has changed was the suspension). It hasn't been tuned on Hondata, it's still running stock computer according to them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.