Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 SE, and in the door panels i have no seperate tweeters. I have seen 97 gs-r's with the seperate tweeters, and for some reason even remember a 95?(not sure about that one though) having them. I know for sure i've seen them in a few cars older than a 98, my question is, why would these cars have them and not my SE? The SE is basically the GS-R "looks/luxury" package, anyone have any insight on this?I read the post "How to install tweeters and worth it" and didn't come up with any definitive results. thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
910 Posts
you know I thought that was really wierd too. my friend has a 96 SE and she doesnt have tweeters but my 97 RS does.

maybe someone here with a 95 can tell us if they have tweeters.

EDIT: after seeing what cheezthis said it looks like they started putting tweeters in the other models in 97. I could be wrong though...

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
My 94 LS does not, but my 94 GSR does. I believe it is the same for 95. I would think the SE should have them. Is your car a theft recovery? The interior might have been stolen and now you have older LS panels.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Ive got tweeters in my a-pillars now but thats cause i put them in the car they were not in mine and my car cluyb buddy with a 95 gsr i believe had them in his doors but i could be wrong i just remember seeing them i think haha

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Furious94LS on Feb/18/04 said:
My 94 LS does not, but my 94 GSR does. I believe it is the same for 95. I would think the SE should have them. Is your car a theft recovery? The interior might have been stolen and now you have older LS panels.
Nope, not a theft recovery, and as far as i can tell original door panels(match the leather etc). I'm almost positive all 98 and ups have it, its the 94-97 ones that i'm unsure about....
Ryan

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
ive often wondered about the tstock speakers in integras with tweeters...are the speakers still coaxial like in integras without tweeters? my 94 LS obviously doesnt have tweeters, and my stock speakers are 2-way coaxial(at least in the front)...it would seem to me that the tegs with separate tweeters wouldnt have the coaxial 2-ways

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JustTegIt on Feb/18/04 said:
ive often wondered about the tstock speakers in integras with tweeters...are the speakers still coaxial like in integras without tweeters? my 94 LS obviously doesnt have tweeters, and my stock speakers are 2-way coaxial(at least in the front)...it would seem to me that the tegs with separate tweeters wouldnt have the coaxial 2-ways
Thats a good question. Anyone know if they had a special "audio package" that they offered as an upgrade to all their vehicles? That would seem to make the most sense, but I don't remember ever seeing or reading that anywhere....

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
well i answered my own question...this pic was taken form an article and shows the stock speaker still in place getting ready to be replaced with an alpine component set...this car was a GSR and had stock tweeters...

so i guess i figured right, no coaxials for those with stock tweeters...

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
<---- 95 GSR, seperate Tweeters here, and yea that pic is correct, they are component speakers but still made out of paper, the strange thing is that on the rear stock speakers they are component style aswell, no tweeter, however there are not seperate tweets back there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
95 LS 4 DR...I got stock tweeters in my car

97teg on Feb/18/04 said:
you know I thought that was really wierd too. my friend has a 96 SE and she doesnt have tweeters but my 97 RS does.

maybe someone here with a 95 can tell us if they have tweeters.

EDIT: after seeing what cheezthis said it looks like they started putting tweeters in the other models in 97. I could be wrong though...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.