Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I open my moon roof, it rattles and shakes my entire car. All my mirrors vibrate and it makes an annoying noise. Someone already tried to grease the railings and it failed. What should I use?

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Any kind of grease that doesnt get tacky. Anything tacky will gum up and collect dirt etc... Also, before you put anything on the tracks, you might want to take some brake cleaner or something like that to clean out any dirty grease etc.. that is already on there. Make sure you get all of the contact points. I find it best to coat the tracks, open and close the sunroof a couple of times, then put another coat on in case anything was scraped off or moved from the glass sliding back and forth.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
As was suggested, clean the tracks first. I usually use the sliding door lube that you put on the tracks of a slider. It is made to increase slide, while not picking dirt and sh1t up and holding it. I found graphite lube works ok, too, but doesn't last as well

·
Registered
84 Posts
The plastic guides/wheels are probably flat-spotted. Or the side frames are bent. Can't really replace just those parts. If it rattles and shakes while opening and closing, it needs to be replaced. Not that hard. Many write ups available.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
I would still try the lube first. Depending on how old the grease is, it makes the tracks very tack and can cause the shakes and the jittering. At least in my case that was the solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts